Talk me into/out of Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Not really, in december they were giving 20% off MSRP without negotiating , if you find a 2016 in mid / late feb, I assure you, you're going to get a good deal. Hell, their are dealers HERE with 2015 ram 2500's with a cummins that can be had for mid 30's, and we're talking laramies.
I found 3 2016 Rebels at the same dealership haha. I'm first seeing if the guy I usually buy from can get it swapped and make the right deal, but if he doesn't come through I'll go directly to the dealership that has them in inventory.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar
Trix are for kids!

Have you looked closely at a Laramie?

Disclaimer: Beauty is in the eyes' of the beholder.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the results ? Have you considers getting a 2500-3500 can't go wrong with a Cummins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
What's the results ? Have you considers getting a 2500-3500 can't go wrong with a Cummins?

The dealer I go to has to swap for the 2016 so he's waiting to hear from the other dealership. I don't have a price on the Rebel yet.

A 2500-3500 is completely unnecessary for me but they are awesome haha. I'm trying to push my brother into getting a Cummins just so I can drive it lol.

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you thought about holding out till August and get the power wagon ?

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
9c185d78d055357ea661e3fd918564fe.jpg5bd8883d80767276e2331b8b578e33fd.jpg

The power wagon is my unicorn haha. Completely completely unnecessary for me but I still want it haha.

Around my area it would be an issue because I would have to register it commercial and all the parkways around here don't allow commercial vehicles. I would have to take suburban side roads everywhere unless I put a cap on it with a bolted in row of seats in the bed, which just kills the greatness of that truck haha.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
the new pw look like a rebel
100%. I know some people think differently but I like how the Rebel looks. I preferred the sport over the other trims, and even though the limited looks nice too, I just prefer that black more aggressive trim over the chrome. I never was a chrome guy other than when my Dad had his '68 Firebird convertible haha.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
The dealership with the 3 2016 Rebels on the lot isn't being responsive to my dealer inquiring about a swap. Doesn't surprise me since the dealer with the 2016s was the first one I visited and the reason I ended up at another dealership. I'll keep everyone posted...Not hopeful that a deal is going to get done. I'd go directly to them but I'm loyal...The guy I go to has taken real good care of me and others I've sent his way so I want him to get the business.

I think it's clear why they still have 2016s on their lot haha.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
If it counts for anything, my dad just bought my mom a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Had the hemi, advance tech package (adaptive cruise control, collision assist, etc), 2 panel sunroof, HID's and air suspension. It was $46K Canadian before tax. 40K US just seems like a lot to me for a Cherokee.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
The dealership with the 3 2016 Rebels on the lot isn't being responsive to my dealer inquiring about a swap. Doesn't surprise me since the dealer with the 2016s was the first one I visited and the reason I ended up at another dealership. I'll keep everyone posted...Not hopeful that a deal is going to get done. I'd go directly to them but I'm loyal...The guy I go to has taken real good care of me and others I've sent his way so I want him to get the business.

I think it's clear why they still have 2016s on their lot haha.

Dealers have incentives to move trucks that are in their inventory as opposed to a swap out deal. If you really want the rebel, go to the dealer that has them and see what they will do. Maybe they dont want to give them up? Loyalty is great, but in the end it's your money. Unless your not that serious about this deal, then this is all a moot point.

End of year (mid-late December )is a great time to buy when dealers are trying to hit end of year sales quotas. Good luck

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Dealers have incentives to move trucks that are in their inventory as opposed to a swap out deal. If you really want the rebel, go to the dealer that has them and see what they will do. Maybe they dont want to give them up? Loyalty is great, but in the end it's your money. Unless your not that serious about this deal, then this is all a moot point.

End of year (mid-late December )is a great time to buy when dealers are trying to hit end of year sales quotas. Good luck
Yea but they do swaps all the time. My brother and I used to make the swaps for the dealer our Dad was a manager at. If they've got something that's not moving they're usually pretty open to a swap.

Maybe it's an owner demo and they can't locate it on the lot (crosses fingers haha).

I'm serious about making a deal, but I'm also serious that it's gotta be a Godfather offer to get me to pull the trigger haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
If it counts for anything, my dad just bought my mom a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Had the hemi, advance tech package (adaptive cruise control, collision assist, etc), 2 panel sunroof, HID's and air suspension. It was $46K Canadian before tax. 40K US just seems like a lot to me for a Cherokee.

I found an Altitude in their inventory that he's gonna let go for $36k.

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thats a hell of a deal.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
the new pw look like a rebel

Thankfully you don't have to get the rebel looking PW. You can still get the tradesman and Laramie PW with the original looks. The fact that a rebel can be bought in 2wd makes it pretty funny every time I see one, seems like people want the looks of a off road vehicle but not the capability. Go big or go home.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my Rebel a lot. Much better than my loaded 14 Sport that traded in.