Thank You for the advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ronheater70

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sexy truck, WAYYYYY more truck than you needed for that 6k camper though, at least you get to enjoy the open road without dying of random acts of ******* 18 wheels shooting past you and causing you to poop yourself :)

You nailed it! I know the trailer is not overly heavy, but with the tongue weight, the weight of the hitch itself and all of us in the cab, we were right near our payload limit.. I didnt have much room for anything else if I wanted to.. So figured might as well go bigger, and then I wont get blown around as much on the highway!

Got the Nerfbars on Yesterday so Tiny wife can climb in and out easier now!
truck%202_zpstbb0exkw.jpg"]truck%202_zpstbb0exkw.jpg[/URL]

OP
OP
ronheater70

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on that beautiful truck!

I know you said you were pleasantly surprised with the mileage....can you share what kind of mileage you've been seeing thus far?

My Apologies I didnt see this post sooner and answer it..

I now have about 110 miles on the truck.. On the way home I did a short jaunt on the interstate and I was seeing 18 or so..I live on country roads, but town is very close so far in a mix of say 60/40 stop and go vs two lane roads i'm getting about 13. I know if I drive normally on the lazy two lanes and no stop and go, it looks like I was in the 17 -or better range.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats, nice truck. Night and day difference towing compared to your half ton, especially with the long box.
I agonized on the long vs. short box. kinda wish I had gotten the long.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats. Nice tuck

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, nice rig. You could pull 2 trailers with that! Used trucks around here that are 2-3 years old command near new prices. Better to buy new like you did. Frankly don't know how they sell used ones for so much. Congrats.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Very sharp! Enjoy your travels.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

I now have about 110 miles on the truck.. On the way home I did a short jaunt on the interstate and I was seeing 18 or so..I live on country roads, but town is very close so far in a mix of say 60/40 stop and go vs two lane roads i'm getting about 13. I know if I drive normally on the lazy two lanes and no stop and go, it looks like I was in the 17 -or better range.

The mpg should increase after the break in period. The break in period is rather long though. I had heard 10000 for my 5.9 and longer for the 6.7.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You nailed it! I know the trailer is not overly heavy, but with the tongue weight, the weight of the hitch itself and all of us in the cab, we were right near our payload limit.. I didnt have much room for anything else if I wanted to.. So figured might as well go bigger, and then I wont get blown around as much on the highway!

Got the Nerfbars on Yesterday so Tiny wife can climb in and out easier now!

Good decision!!! When Mama's happy everyone else can be happy!! Beautiful truck, by the way.
Jay

Topped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks for the info!

That's not bad at all considering the size. Dare I say close to diesel #s...unloaded anyway.