Is there a way to keep my bedliner down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If he goes with Line-X a few people already mentioned earlier that damaging it isn't an issue.

as for the spray in - Its not the damage I worry about, I know the stuff is tough. I have dragged logs, and cinder blocks across it. The issue is how grippy the stuff is and the easy of sliding a heavy object in and out. The drop ins are plastic so they are slippery(er?). Thats all I was pointing out

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Its not the damage I worry about, I know the stuff is tough. I have dragged logs, and cinder blocks across it. The issue is how grippy the stuff is and the easy of sliding a heavy object in and out. The drop ins are plastic so they are slippery(er?).

I know there is a big fallowing for Line-x but im tellin ya that Rhino liner is not NEAR as grippy as Line-x. its a lot harder. dont get harder confused with more durable because thats not what im sayin. there are plenty of independent test proving one is better than the other and vis versa.

i can slide stuff on mine just fine. it also comes with an excellent warranty just like Line-x.

find a good applicator that will put it on thick and your GTG.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the factory spray in liner (2016) proprietary to Ram? Or, do they use Line-X or Rhino?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Is the factory spray in liner (2016) proprietary to Ram? Or, do they use Line-X or Rhino?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

usually they just outsource to a local place whatever it may be.

EDIT: some DO do it themselves though (dealers).

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
usually they just outsource to a local place whatever it may be.

EDIT: some DO do it themselves though (dealers).

When your order the factory spray in liner, it is applied in the factory and part of the manufacturing process. It is not a aftermarket dealer applied or sub-contracted. If the spray in liner option is on the factory window sticker, it is applied at the factory. Anything else is done at the dealer level post manufacture.

As to what the factory applies, I have no clue what that process or product is.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I know there is a big fallowing for Line-x but im tellin ya that Rhino liner is not NEAR as grippy as Line-x. its a lot harder. dont get harder confused with more durable because thats not what im sayin. there are plenty of independent test proving one is better than the other and vis versa.

i can slide stuff on mine just fine. it also comes with an excellent warranty just like Line-x.

find a good applicator that will put it on thick and your GTG.

Interesting. I thought it was the other way around - Rhino was more rubbery than Line-X.. Maybe I was lied to on what I was looking at lol.

I do know Line-X seems to be "shiney" (as you can see above) and my factory liner is not shiney so i think RAM does some kind of proprietary spray. The spray in liner is on my build sheet so I know it was not put on by the dealer or a third party, my truck left Michigan with a liner on it. its grippy tho..

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Interesting. I thought it was the other way around - Rhino was more rubbery than Line-X.. Maybe I was lied to on what I was looking at lol.

I do know Line-X seems to be "shiney" (as you can see above) and my factory liner is not shiney so i think RAM does some kind of proprietary spray. The spray in liner is on my build sheet so I know it was not put on by the dealer or a third party, my truck left Michigan with a liner on it. its grippy tho..

the new rhino is very hard. the original stuff was WAY to soft. some dealers still use it.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have 2 rhino dealers in town. one uses the old rubbery stuff, one uses the new "Hybrid" stuff.

rhino has like 6 different types of liners now

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
oh wow they have a big line up since I last looked at them. Hmm.. I did some extensive research on who was better about a year or so ago and Line-X seemed to be the best, especially their Extreme liner, its expensive but it will survive a nuclear explosion.

OP
OP
H

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Update: Had it replaced free of charge under warranty

papaya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PentaStar V6
I know that there are a lot fan of this spray in bed liners. After I checked our 2016 6'5 bed and the really big gabs all over (bigger then our 2016 F150), I think it has enough drainages to release any moisture underneath a drop in bed liner. I'm sure with the proper maintenance, (cleaning underneath the drop in bed liner every month) - the bed will be OK. If you only drop it in and never check or clean underneath, there will be lots of rust showing up. But that is the same with a spray in bed liner. If you never check all over the bed, you can get in trouble too. There is a point that some people complain about lose spray in bed liners. I did secure my drop in bed liner with Velcro like the bed rug in our F150 (who has a factory spray in bed liner too). The material of the RAM drop in bed liner is more like a rubber/plastic mix and not pure plastic feeling. We also have tonneau covers on both trucks. It's with everything in life. If you don't maintain and service cars, trucks and tools they start rusting.