Thinking About Ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thinking about ordering my next truck.

For those of you that have gone through the process, is it pretty much pick the same options you see on the build it on the Ram site? Or is it more to that!

AND.. is there still that wiggle room with the dealer to get a better deal?

Or is it, man, this is your truck, you ordered it... we know this is what you want.. haha

Juice Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's pretty close to the same as building it on the Ram site. Matter of fact, I built a 17 on the site and handed my dealer the specs. I told him I wanted the same configuration on an 18. He told me there will most likely be a rebate when it gets here but he doesn't know how much it will be. I didn't get any wiggle room but that may vary between dealers. Patience is the real pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would say you should never pay msrp. Value your money and yourself more. Make them earn your business by giving you a nice deal where both parties win. It should not be a one sided affair. Dealers don't pay what msrp is and there is plenty of profit built in.

Juice Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct on not paying MSRP. When I was saying I didn't get wiggle room, I just didn't get wiggle room after he gave me the price. MSRP was $55510 and my dealer gave me a price of $48677.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Come up with a list of specs and see if you're dealer will locate one and do trade.

They found my 2017 Rebel 2 states away in Illinois...charged $500 for getting it but I still got $11,000 off MSRP (Rebates and Discounts). My dealer ended up splitting the transfer cost with me so I only had to come up with $250 total to have them go get it.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Don't settle for a truck that isn't exactly what you want. If they cant find THE exact truck you want, order it. They will try to get you to compromise, don't, you'll regret it. If there's an option you want or are on the fence about, get it. You order it, you wait about a month, month and a half, it shows up, you go make your deal. If you can't make a deal you don't have to buy it even if you put down a deposit its refundable. You drive home in your perfect for you truck and live happily ever after. We have ordered our last 4 vehicles.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put a $100.00 deposit when I ordered mine and the dealer said If you don't want it when it comes in don't worry about it. When I drove it I was hooked, rest is history.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Order your truck from Dennis Dillon. You are 970 North of Caldwell, ID and one easy but long day's drive to get your truck. When i ordered from them i built my truck on the Ram site and emailed it to the sales guy i worked with. He then put this info into his system and sent me an email with every thing listed along with my price. Whether it's a truck off their lot or an ordered truck you still get the same deep discounts. You can always take your quoted ordered truck paperwork to a local AZ dealership to see if they can/will match the DD price. Chances are they wont be close.