Tint %?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not to go against what everyone else is saying but i didnt have bubbles either when i got my windows done...but it makes sense that they will go away...i got full lifetime warranty on all my tint..im thinking of getting it all redone cuz theyre getting pretty scratched from soooo much window rolling...i dont keep my truck too clean so the tint suffers

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
I have had 4 tint tickets here in Georgia in various vehicles. My '07 and '11 are 18% in the back. I put 20% on both of em and although not a perfect match "color" wise it was a good match darkness wise.

I'm with bluesmoke on the bubbles. I've not had any tint put on that had bubbles in it. "Wet" looking yes...bubbles no. I hope they go away!!

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
ive had tint on all my trucks and there has always been a few small bubbles. ive always been told they will go away as the tint dries and so far they always have. its part of the curing process. as far as dark tint, i think i have everyone here beat whos posted. I have the factory tint on the backs and had 20% done to the front and it matched perfectly but it wasnt dark enough for me. i hated how you could see in the back window clear as day when the light was shining right through the windshield. i went back and had 5% layered onto the 20% that was already on all the windows and its freaking dark! on top of it i have a 5% windshield eyeebrow done. the darkness is a little excessive but i like it so far.

xxxotiknightz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
when i did mine the guy at the shop suggested I just tint all the windows equally that way the are all dark. Of course I had a RC so its a little harder to compare windows. I did 15% all around. Im going back for a 10% windshield brow.

Ramsrule123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First, know what the tint laws are in your state. Got 15 percent put on, failed inspection and lost my 55 bucks. Only way I got around it was to have the dealer inspect it and pay another 55 bucks fortunately they could care less. Ripping off you tint is expensive and sucks

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah my bubbles are gone and the tint looks good. I still need to take some pics. My truck is so dirty though from duck hunting.