Tire pressure system acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New 2014 RAM 1500 with 350 miles.
Was driving on the interstate at about 75 mph and the tire pressure system displayed a message. I noticed one wheel had dashes instead of the PSI reading. by the time I stopped, all four wheels had the dashes. Checked the tires and they were all fine. Stopped and started the engine, and it seemed to reset.

Anyone seen this? I hope it is not the beginning of a bad thing:Pshyco:

Dan

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
my warning would chime at startup because my rear tires were like 5psi low, now they're about 8psi low and the warning has been off for a few weeks....seemed to stop when we had 1 really warm day. As long as you've physically verified the psi with a gauge, it's safe to ignore temporarily. Never seen it with dashes, hopefully someone will have some ideas.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The TPMS on my 12' does this every now and then. One sensor will go out, usually the left rear. It's usually when I use my HID fog lights. All I do is pull the fuse for a few minutes and reinstall. Next time I drive the system re-calibrates and the system is fine for quite a while

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my warning would chime at startup because my rear tires were like 5psi low, now they're about 8psi low and the warning has been off for a few weeks....seemed to stop when we had 1 really warm day. As long as you've physically verified the psi with a gauge, it's safe to ignore temporarily. Never seen it with dashes, hopefully someone will have some ideas.

This problem is different than low pressure. The system actually lost the readings from all four tires. Normally the EVIC shows the actual tire pressure for each tire. so if it was low, it would still display the value.
The numbers disappeared, and I just saw "--" for each tire.
Re-starting the engine seemed to reset the system, and it was fine the remainder of the trip.

Dan

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
time for a visit to the dealer...unfortunately I dont see anything you can do about that to fix it yourself. Seems like a programming/computer problem

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this issue with my 2013. The issue is in the gauge cluster/computer communicating with the dash. The fix is a new gauge bezel with the new software and reprograming the computer to read "Heavy/Normal Load Tire Low Pressure Threshold - Rear/Front" @ "32" PSI through a dealers wiTECH system.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Had a similar problem but only the two rear sensor read "--" , happened within 100 miles of brand new. Dealership replaced both in tire sensors, 1000 miles later no problem. Hope you get it fixed up. Let us know.

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am now at 2800 miles and it has not happened again.
Not going to let the dealer mess with anything.

Dan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
my 2011 has done it too. I just deal with it. I check my tires so I know I'm good.

mikey0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2013 does the same thing, right rear goes red. 3 new sensors and a new module, and it still does it. No mods to vehicle, to cause this. The HID I might understand as the Rams use a powernet system that checks voltage on the systems. HIDs can mess with the system if they do not have he correct capacitance in the system to over ride the issue. This was the cause of the light flash issue years ago when they switched to this system. Good luck and let us know what you find as they have not corrected mine as of yet.

camsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 has done this a couple of times, most recently it lost FR, then BR then all tires were reading -- after about a minute. Pulled over on the deserted country road to restart the truck and see if that fixed it. Personally I found the following 5 minutes of 'No Key Fob Detected' and the truck refusing to restart (no matter what I tried) much more concerning than the tpms issue... :/

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf