Too Redneck For A Bighorn ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Well, after help from the Forum ( "Teach Me The Art Of The Deal") I got a leftover 2016 Bighorn for the same price as the Express. Thanks to all.

This thing is plush.... Steps are ordered they didn't have them in stock.

Bought it Saturday. Spent yesterday putting my crap back in, needed to haul some stuff to the hunting cabin (avatar). Got the bed full of stuff, filling the cubby holes with doo-dads, knives, tools, need to work on the mower, change oil, re-install battery. Just Redneck stuff.

The floor mats are already getting debris from the woods, it's looking like me in 1 day. And I had to wonder. Am I too Redneck for this nice of a truck?

IMG_0706%202_zpsvrctijot.jpg

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Lol, that's why i bought a tradesman! I'm too hickish for one of them fancy trucks. ....lol.

Enjoy it man. You'll make it your own. Nice truck! Congrats!

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A set of Weathertech floor mats and you will be good. Enjoy all the nice features!

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
A truck should be used as a truck, at least a little bit. That being said, I sometimes wonder why someone would spend the money on an expensive fancy truck and then turn it into a work truck. I saw a copper colored sport driving down the road the other day, from the front it looked sweet. As it passed I realized they had removed the bed and put a flatbed on the back full of work equipment. The other side of the coin is why buy a truck if you can't drive it in the dirt and use it as a truck? Somewhere along the way trucks lost their redneck and got a little extra soccer mom. I can see both sides.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weathertech floor mats are good but I like the Husky Liners better in a RAM. The Huskies seem to be better formed and durable.

I was also deciding between base and the Bighorn a year ago and you do get a lot of nice features for just a little more money with the Bighorn package. And still red-neck enough. When hauling on the highway, its features that are appreciated. Its not till you get into a Laramie were you could start questioning your red-neckness :) Unless its a long haul tow heavy HD truck with a diesel.....

The biggest compromise to your red neck ego, I think, is the auto transfercase, vs the base.

Last edited:

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well, after help from the Forum ( "Teach Me The Art Of The Deal") I got a leftover 2016 Bighorn for the same price as the Express. Thanks to all.

This thing is plush.... Steps are ordered they didn't have them in stock.

Bought it Saturday. Spent yesterday putting my crap back in, needed to haul some stuff to the hunting cabin (avatar). Got the bed full of stuff, filling the cubby holes with doo-dads, knives, tools, need to work on the mower, change oil, re-install battery. Just Redneck stuff.

The floor mats are already getting debris from the woods, it's looking like me in 1 day. And I had to wonder. Am I too Redneck for this nice of a truck?

IMG_0706%202_zpsvrctijot.jpg

If you have some teeth your not 'too redneck'.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Very nice truck, congrats. I have never been a fan of silver on a vehicle but I absolutely love silver on new Mopars. I came very close to ordering my 2500 in Bright Silver, but ended up going Granite Crystal. Billet Silver looks amazing on the Charger/Challenger and Grand Cherokee.

When I was working for a Chrysler dealership years ago, a guy brought in a Longhorn 2500 that he was clearly using for construction. I have never seen an interior so covered in dirt and sand. It was kind of sad to see a Longhorn interior in such a shape, but at the same time it was kind of cool lol. IMO no matter what trim you have, the Rams look like work trucks and have that attitude. They look more rugged and made to be on a farm, or at a construction site than the Fords and Chevys. Even the Longhorn and Limited. It’s your truck and your money, if you want to use it like a truck, don’t feel bad.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
congrats on the new truck

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never been a fan of silver on a vehicle but I absolutely love silver on new Mopars. I came very close to ordering my 2500 in Bright Silver, but ended up going Granite Crystal. Billet Silver looks amazing on the Charger/Challenger and Grand Cherokee.

Agree...my wife wanted me to get my ram in black but the silver just called to me lol

Congrats OP

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your Truck use it as you see fit. I too have a Big Horn and love it. It's used as a truck all the time. Haven't hand washed it but once. Use it and love it.

OP
OP
Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
The biggest compromise to your red neck ego, I think, is the auto transfercase, vs the base.

I've been lurking here a while, and a member for a while. I'm not one to go "4 wheeling" and will only use the 4x4 to get me through. There are members in Alaska and Canada who are using these trucks, I'll have far less road hazards than they do.

And one guy even said it was the best transfer case ever built, ever.....

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been lurking here a while, and a member for a while. I'm not one to go "4 wheeling" and will only use the 4x4 to get me through. There are members in Alaska and Canada who are using these trucks, I'll have far less road hazards than they do.

And one guy even said it was the best transfer case ever built, ever.....

If you have no concerns about auto 4WD, you're not too redneck for the truck...

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
That was my truck...RIP

Bought brand new 2011 Big Horn, Silver, loaded, 392's...the whole 9.
Used it for work and play, daily driver. She drowned in Hurricane Sandy.
Spending soooo much time in my trucks I do like creature comforts.
But a truck is, and should always be a truck.
There can be balance between comfort and redneck.

You made a great choice.

On a side note, I nearly had a stroke when I found out what the Big Horns are now going for. I think I paid something like 35k back in 2011, out the door including everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01