TPMS - 3rd warranty trip coming up.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flhfxd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a new 2014 1500 crew 4x4 one year ago. Ive been back to the dealer two times, for a nuisance sensor. As I understand, the sensor was replaced on the last visit. Things have been fine up to last week - now the warning icon is lit up again and the display says "FILL TO 220 Kpas". The pressure was confirmed at 38 Psi, so I'm thinking the problem, whatever it was, was never really fixed and I'm thinking I should take the truck to another dealer. This is a royal PITA. Anyone have previous experience with this issue?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd at least WATCH them install the new sensors.
Jay

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My driver's side rear TPMS has done this several times. I've had the tires rotated twice and it still does it so I'm thinking I have some wiring issue myself.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I had one sensor that just wouldn't set right. Eventually they had to replace the RF Hub (Radio Frequency Hub). All was fine after that!

Not sure if thats what your issue is, and mine is a 14 2500, but I thought I'd mention it.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are junk on many other vehicle brands too, I've replaced 2 so far with a 3rd causing issues.. I wish I could just disable then damn thing... I hate it and never use it. I'll have spent as much on fixing the damn things as I will replacing tires

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here!

Light came on so filled tire and light went off.

I have had to release some air to get my tire pressure down to normal.

I'm thinking it's a goofy sensor! Watching it for now.

OP
OP
F

Flhfxd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I strongly suspected this would be a POS set up. Looks like I'm right. I got better things to do than f around for a nuisance light that my dealer can't fix. Arggggh.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you have a lemon law in canada? im assuming your in canada as your talking about Kpa and not PSI. they get 4 tries to fix it before they have to buy it back

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Intermittent tire pressure sensor issues can be a royal pain to fix. It's not just a plug in the scan tool and it says what needs to be replaced. The sensors work on a wireless signal so they can be effected by pretty well any electronic device that may inhibit the signal. HIDs are one common thing we see that can cause issues. Hell I've even had extremely uneven tire wear mess them up.

If you take it to a different dealer they will likely start from square one with the diagnostics, and may end up replacing the same part the first dealer did.

I understand from the customer side it's a very frustrating situation, but it's also frustrating for the people trying to fix it, especially if it is an intermittent issue. No tech wants to keep having the same vehicle return time after time for the same problem.

OP
OP
F

Flhfxd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good advice. Yes, in Canada. As I am somewhat familiar with mechanics (part-time Harley mechanic), I will go back to this dealer and try to have a sensible conversation about what to do next. They primarily speak French and I only speak a little, so we both tend to struggle when communications are required. Fingers crossed! Have to go back anyways now as there is a Mfg recall for wiring harness. Thanks for the input.
Will advise if any significant progress.

OP
OP
F

Flhfxd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a shameless bump: haven't had a chance to get to dealer for tire press lite or recall, but somehow the TPMS idiot light has self corrected. The light went out about a week after it started to indicate low pressure. I dont think it takes the sensor a week to recognise increased tire pressure !!! Im happy with my truck but imho this thing is a waste of time and effort. Nuff said. Rant over.