Traded in my 06 RAM for a 12 Ram... new to 4th gens ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey so I had some issues with my 06 Ram. Brought it to the Dodge dealer and turned out I need a new TIPM and a new Heater core. I decided not to get it fixed and weight my options. When I picked it up from service I took a trip to the used car lot. I found a nice 12 regular cab ram. When I was moving my truck before they appraised it I noticed my rear window was leaking (for who knows how long) and I had about 3 inches of water underneath my rear seat in the storage area. I quickly dried it up with microfibers I had in my truck so the appraiser wouldn't see it lol.

Here are a few pictures of my 06 I traded in:

061.jpg

062.jpg

After the appraisal I went to move my truck, the transmission slipped hard when I put it into Drive, it revved up and wouldn't move right away, took 3 or 4 seconds. This has never happened before then. But then I put it in reverse as I was K turning and my truck shut off!!! I started freaking out and I quickly started it back up and parked it, it's their problem now. Lol...

Anyways some info on "my new" truck.

2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Regular Cab ST 4x2
5.7L Hemi
32,200 Miles
Flame Red/ Dark Gray
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, K&N Intake, Black Step Bars, Lund Tonneau Cover, Spray On Bed Liner and Bed Caps sprayed aswell + a ton of optional factory add-ons.

They gave me $8,600 for tradein on my 2006 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 4x4 with 178k miles on it. They were asking $19,970 for the 2012 Ram, I got them down to $16,100 before my trade in value and my aunts employee discount (she works for the company that owns the dealership). After my trade in, her employee discount and the money i got them to take off, the difference ended up being $5.5k. Not a bad deal considering I was looking at close to $3k in repairs on my 06 and that was before I found the leaking window and whatever trans problems were developing. So instead of putting out $$$ to repair my 06 and possibly have more issues, I put out $5.5k and now have a bumper to bumper warrenty for 5 years/100,000.

Here are a couple quick pictures, I wanna get more tomorrow in the light.

20122.jpg

20121.jpg

I have to go back Monday for them to swap the ATX wheels and Cooper tires from my 06 and put them on my new 12 and put the stock 12 wheels on my 06.

I also managed to snag my custom front RAM emblem and my Opt7 60" Tailgate bar off my 06 before it went to appraisal lol.

Today while I was trading in my 06, my 32" Curved LED Bar showed up, along with my 4 4" LED Pods, my 3 wiring harnesses and my fuse block. Looks like my new 12 is getting some new lighting lol...

P.S. Im sorta pissed that I ordered a full set of Clazzio custom colored Leather Seat Covers for my 06 about 3 weeks ago. They will be here around the end of January. $524.99 and it's going to be useless :-(. I'm now looking to order a set of plain black leather covers for my 12.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats on the new truck

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Congrats sir....2012 was the best year the ram was made so far.

Fact.

Keep telling yourself that. ;)

However, that 2012 looks nice, and sounds like OnSale found a great deal. Congrats!

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks guys, yea I've now owned this for 24hrs and I can't believe how fast this thing is compared to my 06 with the 345hp Hemi. This 395hp w/ the K&N & Flowmasters really fricken rips. It's crazy...

Now I've got a ton of 3rd gen parts for sale, including a full set of Clazzio seat Covers coming in January or February that I've gotta sell. $600 down the drain for them lol.

Sent from he'll via TapATalk