Traded my Laramie in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats on the new truck. And features that the Laramie had that you might miss?

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Good looking truck. Dig the color. Grats!

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new truck. And features that the Laramie had that you might miss?

Only thing I might miss is the sunroof and led lighted interior(door handles, floor boards, lower door panels and lights under the rear seat)

Love the black and red interior on these rebels though and the seats and more comfortable to me than the leather.

I have navigation, CD player, rear window defroster my Laramie only had navigation that my dealer added.

Also have 3.92 gears now and my Laramie had 3.21 so I love that new feature haha such a huge difference.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Only thing I might miss is the sunroof and led lighted interior(door handles, floor boards, lower door panels and lights under the rear seat)

Love the black and red interior on these rebels though and the seats and more comfortable to me than the leather.

I have navigation, CD player, rear window defroster my Laramie only had navigation that my dealer added.

Also have 3.92 gears now and my Laramie had 3.21 so I love that new feature haha such a huge difference.
Glad to hear you say that on the seats. My 2011 sport had the leather trimmed non heated seats and I feel they were more comfortable than the heated / cooled seats in my 2016. I rode in a rebel and felt the seats were more comfortable like my 2011 and they are only the heated seats, not the full leather heated/cooled leather seats

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to derail the thread but I see guys trading in after only owning their trucks for a year or two quite often. Are you guys rolling negative equity or just ballin$?

I am a little better than even on my loan to value but it's still not worth trading in.

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to hear you say that on the seats. My 2011 sport had the leather trimmed non heated seats and I feel they were more comfortable than the heated / cooled seats in my 2016. I rode in a rebel and felt the seats were more comfortable like my 2011 and they are only the heated seats, not the full leather heated/cooled leather seats

I had the heated/cooled seats in my 2012 sport I had too and these are a way better feeling seat and since they aren't leather in the center will be soft(er) than leather when cold and for some reason get way way hotter when you have the heated seat on.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Really? They get even hotter when they are not the leather seats? Sounds like the $1500 plus dollar option isn't worth it

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not trying to derail the thread but I see guys trading in after only owning their trucks for a year or two quite often. Are you guys rolling negative equity or just ballin$?

I am a little better than even on my loan to value but it's still not worth trading in.

Bought my Laramie 13 months ago for $39500 they had very good deals on leftovers at the time. Had low interest on it and payed a little extra ended up getting $35500 trade in. Not great and probably shouldn't have done it but wanted a rebel and they gave me some good discounts on the rebel about $6k off a 17.

I had a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited that luckily didn't lose much at all I traded for my Laramie that I only had for about 8 months. That was a bad bad decision thinking I could replace my 2012 sport with a jeep.

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really? They get even hotter when they are not the leather seats? Sounds like the $1500 plus dollar option isn't worth it

My leather in both trucks I've had I could have on high most of my ride to work my whole ride if it was really cold which is about 25 minutes. These rebel seats with the heat on I barely get down the road from my house and I'm ready to turn them off they get so hot it's uncomfortable lol can't wait for tonight's below zero temps to see how they feel in the morning. Bet they won't be rock hard either

Pretty similar to the seats in my wife's Durango now that I think about it. That $1500 is not worth it to me anymore. The cooling is nice but only because they are hot leather

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Almost makes me want to trade mine for regular sport seats lol, but I must say the all leather seats looks damn good

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Almost makes me want to trade mine for regular sport seats lol, but I must say the all leather seats looks damn good

They definitely do! Loved the Laramie ones that had the Laramie logo molded into the back

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bought my Laramie 13 months ago for $39500 they had very good deals on leftovers at the time. Had low interest on it and payed a little extra ended up getting $35500 trade in. Not great and probably shouldn't have done it but wanted a rebel and they gave me some good discounts on the rebel about $6k off a 17.

I had a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited that luckily didn't lose much at all I traded for my Laramie that I only had for about 8 months. That was a bad bad decision thinking I could replace my 2012 sport with a jeep.

4k is what it cost you to drive the laramie for 13 months. That's crazy you usually loose alot more that for a year old truck. I know what it cost me to drive my 14 for 30 months.

mattyk2188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Just out of curiosity. In that 3rd pic.. Were you up in a tree stand or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome truck btw. Love the white! A lot better than the red. No offense, as I see a lot of guys on here with the red Rebels, still a sweet rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

i recently traded my 2015 sport which i only owned for 21 months for a 2017 laramie. Since 2009 i have owned 5 rams and i hace yet to take a overly huge loss because i have a friend who works as new car manager and i get friends and family and usually buy when they have huge discounts which come off after dealer cost

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Very nice rig. Looks great. If you buy right if you want to trade in a few years you don't lose a bunch.