Trading in 2011 Honda Ridgeline for 2016 1500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's making me question is all the extra tweaking I will have to do to get Ram up to same features as Ridgeline. I have been searching to find the right truck for months but have not been able to find exactly what I need from Ram dealer site. Lots of pluses and minuses but clearly Ram is best logical replacement.

Not a big deal but hate having to spend extra$ to get features already bought and paid for. Honestly I would keep my Ridgeline (served me well) but now just to small for my 6'4" frame. You are right - gonna just take time and $ to customize

We have both. My wife loves her 2013 Ridgeline for hauling hay and occasional horse trailer towing. Strengths are handling, dual tailgate, bed in trunk. She averages 18.5 and is a leadfoot. Gets 1.5 mpg better than our '07 Ridgeline did.

I have a 2015 RAM Sport crew cab 2WD, 3.92. Nice ride for a truck and for towing our 3300 pound trailer, you can't beat it with the 8 speed. Honda's weakness is that outdated 5 speed with lousy ratios for towing. I average the same as my wife and on the highway 21 is doable. Speed kills mpg!

You have to decide if you need a truck or, if the RL will meet your needs.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
How you making out with MPG - I finally traded my 2011 Ridgeline for a 2016 Laramie, Hemi with air ride in black. Pick it up tomorrow. First question is to mudflap or not to mudflap here in northeast?
Definitely put mud flaps on

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How you making out with MPG - I finally traded my 2011 Ridgeline for a 2016 Laramie, Hemi with air ride in black. Pick it up tomorrow. First question is to mudflap or not to mudflap here in northeast?
I but the weathertec mud flaps on mine. I do like the gatorback ones but they are pricey.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get the Ram, it really is a real truck....

OP
OP
R

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Three days into owning my new 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi with air suspension. My expectations have been far exceeded so far. The ride is more compliant than our 2013 Mercedes GL450 with air suspension and cabin is almost as quiet. So far no surprises or complaints. Installed Deezee tailgate assist and Mopar mud flaps. While I will miss my Ridgeline I am now confident I made the right choice.

tripleplay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats! Absolutely love my (new to me) 2014 Limited w/air susp. Excellent truck!

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Officially: welcome to the Ramily!!

Welcome to owning the best truck on the planet! (Personal opinion-no affiliation with FCA) other than I now own an FCA vehicle.
But I must say seeing was believing for me with these new Rams. I was blown away, ****!