Transmission Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
How much was the pan?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The MH pan can vary from $250-290 depending on sales. Best price I've seen recently is at Moe's...

I never let the dealership do anything to my truck other than recalls. Its hilarious when they try to upsell me on things that I've already done like diff and tcase fluid. I just reply "yup done that already."

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I think Pans are a great upgrade, but since I run religiously at 136, I think I might save the 300 bucks. I probably only have 2 flushes in the life of the truck, if that, so I will live with dropping the pan. I'm on year six, I know I will want something out there at year 20. I even like the new 8 speeds almost enough to jump sooner.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Trans flush

I had my trans fluid and filters changed before going on our summers Alaska vacation. The dealer initially didn't recommend replacing the filters, just flushing the trans??? When asked why, said they had issues with the pan leaking after removal. That I had a couple of weeks before leaving in which to observe for any leakage, elected to have them change the filters. I also had them bag the filters so I could examine what over 25k of towing our 13.5k toy hauler did to clutches, etc. When finished, there were no leaks and after examining the filters, was not able to find any significant residue. That was good. After the 16k Alaska trip and towing probably 14k to Prudhoe Bay and Inuvik, had absolutely no problems and even now, the color and smell are nearly the same as prior to the trip. No doubt will have them changed or do it now myself after next summers trips which will be shorter. Would definitely recommend it if your planning on keeping the truck for over 3 years and over 75k. After that is where the good preventative maintenance will start to pay you back.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The main reason I got the MH pan was for the drain plug. Wasn't too happy about having to spend that kind of money on a trans pan but I was so fed up with drain plug leaks at that point I didn't care. The cooling aspect was an added bonus and honestly so far this winter it's cooling a bit too much IMO.

There is a Dorman pan with the built in drain plug that I tried but it kept leaking. Plus mine wasn't formed correctly so it was hitting on the spin on filter. Others have had good luck with it tho. It's only $26 so it might be worth a try https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHT7LQE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Um8zyb8T34S1X

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The reason I was even looking at the tranny fluid is that I noticed the truck shifting a bit weird when shifting from park... It would almost jump into gear, so I thought I'd get the fluid changed and know that I wouldn't have to worry about it later, cost wasn't too bad and was done in roughly an hour or so

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk