Transmission Shutter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A6USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I have been noticing that if I quickly put my truck (2014 8spd.) in drive after starting it and go to take off, I feel a shutter in the transmission. Has anyone else had this issue or possibly know if its normal? Thanks, Brian

OP
OP
A6USMC

A6USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Mine only seems to shutter after putting in gear and taking off,,,we shall see,,,,,

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You can try tow haul mode it helps 90% of these, but yours sounds a little different. Press tow haul and check.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you let it run for 5 to 10 seconds, let all the pressures have a chance to equalize somewhat. You're starting a cold engine and transmission.

When I first start mine I never move till it starts to come down off the fast idle.

OP
OP
A6USMC

A6USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Thats what I was thinking, let it warm up a bit, maybe fluids need to ramp up in the torque converter?? , now for the firs time it did it after running for a while. Just glad I have the Lifetime Warranty, I would have thought they would have gotten all the bugs out of this Transmission by now, but this seem to be par for the course with my luck,,,Brian