Truck locked me out today with keys inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We can't get it man, just a US thing sadly. It's a paid service that Chrysler has

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's frustrating we get shorted on certain features.
Much like the lack of voice texting on UConnect in Canada. Or the lack of apps.

The worst part is the promotional material makes it seem like you're getting those features, and the dealiers don't typically tell you they're excluded in Canada when you buy your vehicle.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Was this the keyless system?

The "push to start" system

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine won't lock until I'm driving at least 15mph.

Last edited:
OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine won't lock until I'm driving at least 15mph.
That's how mine was set up as well with the auto lock but clearly that didn't happen. I have a strong suspicion that my fob is on the fritz.. when my fob is in my jacket pocket and I'm walking away from the truck I hear my horn going off constantly.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
This is what I miss the most about my Fords- the keypad on the door. You NEVER get locked out- I wish Ram would do something similar.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is what I miss the most about my Fords- the keypad on the door. You NEVER get locked out- I wish Ram would do something similar.

I agree. The keypad was my favorite feature. Rams keyless and go is pretty slick though as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep a Hida Key hidden on my truck that has a key in it that only unlocks the door, you can't start the truck with it. Then Hidden somewhere in the truck I have an extra key that starts the truck. That way if I ever loose my keys somewhere I'm never stranded.

Same. Home Depot copy only unlocks the door. Got me out of trouble at least twice.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I still carry a key ring with the house key, garage key etc and keep that separate from the fob (in other words in my pocket) and figured, just in case I ever do what the OP did, I'd get an actual door key made for the Ram and add it to the key ring. I've actually used it a few times when I've left the fob in the house and needed to get in the truck to get something rather than run back into the house to get the fob. Never did the lock-out thing yet (knock on wood) but have this option just in case.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Why is it locking by itself? I leave mine unlocked all the time when I'm at my cabin and such and it's never locked itself.

Is it designed to do that, or programmed or something?

Hell I turned off my auto lock at 15 mph function, I HATE that mamby pamby ***** ****.....

WhiskyTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently have my truck locking itself. Appears others might have had this problem. How was it solved, might go to the dealer but would like a home fix.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Goofy software causing weird **** to happen... we live in the world of that mamby pamby **** that we could ALL live without. More bells & whistles = MORE TROUBLE!