Truck Ordered...So Where Is It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Cummings Diesel
So dealer says truck is built and it's in the QA department. That was 3 weeks ago! So is there a way I can check the status myself? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well the only way I can think of to get a hold of them would be go to the dealership and request the factory and the appropriate department ext. I know thats not much help but thats all I got

OP
OP
J

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well the only way I can think of to get a hold of them would be go to the dealership and request the factory and the appropriate department ext. I know thats not much help but thats all I got
Thanks

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So dealer says truck is built and it's in the QA department. That was 3 weeks ago! So is there a way I can check the status myself? Thanks in advance.

That's a lie! I work at Toyota. The qa is literally a short stop for visual inspection and a short test drive.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's anything like they do with the Challengers it could sit in the shipping yard for weeks until it gets shipped to the dealership.... you just never know.

How many weeks has it been since you ordered it???

OP
OP
J

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a lie! I work at Toyota. The qa is literally a short stop for visual inspection and a short test drive.
So any idea how I could find out what the status is?

OP
OP
J

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's anything like they do with the Challengers it could sit in the shipping yard for weeks until it gets shipped to the dealership.... you just never know.

How many weeks has it been since you ordered it???
Since end of June

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So any idea how I could find out what the status is?

The dealership can look at the status on their computer but there is nothing on it that will tell them if it's gonna be a week or 4 weeks before it gets delivered. best they can do is an educated guess based on how long it took to get other trucks delivered.

OP
OP
J

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealership can look at the status on their computer but there is nothing on it that will tell them if it's gonna be a week or 4 weeks before it gets delivered. best they can do is an educated guess based on how long it took to get other trucks delivered.
Ok thanks

Racer_X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think there's a forum here that explains how to check on the status of a build or search for Ram Cares and they can assist you.

Found this searching for build status:
https://www.ramtrucks.com/chrysler/vots/

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine took 7-8 weeks from order to delivery

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One big problem that can occur with an order is the shipping. But let's go through things.

First if there is a truck already on the assembly line that meets your order, and it is slated for dealer stock and not someone else, you will get that truck... order goes quicker... if not then they assign a fresh body to be built to suit your needs... takes about 4 days to build a truck from welded body/bare metal to rolling truck.

So while that doesn't seem like much time, that 4 days is mostly in paint, and then 4 days is only if all parts are on site and queued for your truck. If you have to wait for a part on your option list it can delay the build a few days. The last part is the Q&A and shipping. Q&A as stated before only takes an hour or so (ordered vehicles get a more thorough looky see but not by much) if all checks out it is placed in the queue for shipping. Ordered vehicles get front row in the Queue but not always on the first train, they get the first train going to the correct transfer station, and that could be a couple weeks out if the last train left right as your truck was being finished.

This is one reason most dealerships try to find a local truck that meets your needs, over ordering one from the factory. I got to order 2 trucks when I was a salesman for GMC. I had one guy blowing up my phone every day after 2 weeks, because he watched a video about how it only takes a day to build a truck... well it takes 3 days to paint it, one day to assemble it and who knows how long to ship it. Lol. He didn't get it. And I had quit there before his truck arrived. So I never found out if it was good or not.

Juice Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I check the status of mine every morning by calling +1 (800) 334-9200. They'll ask for the last 8 of your vin and let you know where it is in the build status but no more than that. My dealer actually has more up to date info than calling the number. Mine was ordered 8/10 and actually flew through the process, even after a week delay for a parts I integrity issue. It was scheduled for 8/24 delivery but I knew that wasn't going to happen as that is just a rough estimate. It is also currently sitting in JS status (QA). I have a feeling (unless someone knows otherwise) that we'll both be sitting there until they decide to start shipping them. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a 2018 1500 crew yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you a lot. You're probably right

OP