Truck Pulling to left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COPGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My Truck seems to be pulling to the right, more noticeable at highway speeds. I checked and it did not have the ball joint recall completed. Can worn out ball joints cause the truck to pull? Let me know how several the ball joint recall is and if I should get it completed ASAP.

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Could be a number of things. Wheel bearing, alignment, tire pursue, sticking brake caliper.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Could be a number of things. Wheel bearing, alignment, tire pursue, sticking brake caliper.

This, but if you have the recall get it done and maybe that will fix it

OP
OP
COPGUY

COPGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Took my truck on Monday to the dealership to have a recall completed, tie-rods replaced. When I got the truck back and drove it home the steering wheel was turned to the left! They told me they do not do alignments on vehicles unless payment is made. (separate from warranty/recall) My truck did pull slightly to the left prior to the service, but they not only didn't know this, the steering wheel was on center. I then took my truck to a mechanic who adjusted the wheel back to center and completed a full alignment. Now the truck still seems to be pulling to the left again, however, not as bad. Do aftermarket rims and larger tires cause this to occur due to groves in the roadway, it does seem to be worse on the highway. Does anyone else seem to have a similar problem?

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had this problem before with some durangos and one set of tires I ran. Funny enough, I rotated them and it got alot better. They didn't need to be rotated but it took care of the pulling

LU229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took my truck on Monday to the dealership to have a recall completed, tie-rods replaced. When I got the truck back and drove it home the steering wheel was turned to the left! They told me they do not do alignments on vehicles unless payment is made. (separate from warranty/recall) My truck did pull slightly to the left prior to the service, but they not only didn't know this, the steering wheel was on center. I then took my truck to a mechanic who adjusted the wheel back to center and completed a full alignment. Now the truck still seems to be pulling to the left again, however, not as bad. Do aftermarket rims and larger tires cause this to occur due to groves in the roadway, it does seem to be worse on the highway. Does anyone else seem to have a similar problem?

Your truck might fall within this TSB (Technicle Service Bulliten - Tsb sb-19-004-10: Steering wander )
Check this link out: (#4 Perma Link)
http://www.ramforum.com/f53/4th-gen-technical-service-bulletins-2284/

First check the tire pressure on all 4 tires.
(on my 2010 1500 4x4 QC, i run my tire pressure @ 38psi)
Then rotate the front tires to back, back to the front. (wheel nut torque 135ft lbs)
If you notice a good amount of difference after the rotation, my guess would be junk tires.

Now as for your dealer that did your tie-rod recall... find another dealership..!
The recall says AND states, to re-set the toe AFTER replacing the tie-rods.
If your steering wheel is not straight, the monkey that did it, didnt know what he was doing..!
A good alignment tech ALWAYS sets the s/wheel straight and locks it down, then brings the tie-rod adjustment in to spec.

Last edited:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The easy solution is often the best.

Turn your steering wheel to the right when driving straight.

You people make life so difficult sometimes...