Truck in shop for tranny issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Tarr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
So I took the truck to the shop for the second time in less than six months with like 6500 miles on it with tranny problems.

First time it went into limp mode and wild not shift out of first gear.

They "fixed" that by replacing a solenoid and reflashing the computer.

This time it felt like it was slipping going into second fear under a load, also when in reverse under a load it would shutter.

Long story short, they told me to bring it in for full diagnostics and leave it over the weekend and they would loan me one off the lot to drive....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340508871.430787.jpg

2011 4x4 with the hemo and 3.55 gears... This thing is fast!

Needless to say ill be trading mine in soon and getting a single cab express.

OP
OP
Mr.Tarr

Mr.Tarr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Allen Samuels in Tyler Texas is the best friggin dealership ever. This truck had 400 somethig miles on it and try gave it to me to drive for a few days to figure my problem out.. If your in the east Texas area that's where you need to go for service/ buying a new one!

OP
OP
Mr.Tarr

Mr.Tarr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
My salesman called me today and told me that he went up to check and see if it was done. And saw they had it in the complete lot... That says a lot. He already has my money and he went up to a close dealership to check for me.... I must admit that he is a friend though... But still. Claims my truck is fixed. I'll find out tomorrow!

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully they got it fixed this time so you don't have anymore issues

chris15005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Torque Converter

I took my ram back at 300 miles was shutting off going into gear and hard shifting 3-2-1. The replaced the torque converter and front pump on the transmission gotta love that 300 miles on it !!

Edit: they had the truck for the same amount of time i owned it a week and a half

OP
OP
Mr.Tarr

Mr.Tarr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Well it's still not fixed. They fixed the hard shifting now it just feels like it slips while shifting... They changed the "program" that controls the way the truck shifts. It will be going back this week and they are going to pull the tranny out and take a look or they are gonna have themselves a truck with a messed up tranny and a pissed off redneck making a scene at the front counter!

QuinnII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 QC 4X4 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man!! I really hope they get it figured out for ya, I'd hate to be dealing with all the BS and not being able to drive my truck.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldnt be complaining, they are working to fix your V-6, meanwhile your getting to drive a HEMI, and arent putting miles on your ride, but on theirs.