Truck went into gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parker0129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi there, new to this forum.
I recently had my 2014 ram sport go into drive by itself. It has the electronic gear selector and I know I'm not crazy because my wife was in the truck. When I called chrysler they said they have no knowledge of this happening to anyone else, I find that hard to believe. Anyone heard of or experienced this?

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe there is a recall on the electronic shifter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Parker0129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I said to the person from chrysler canada I believe it's being investigated in the United States. They said they couldn't comment on that. So maybe it's just a matter of time till the recall is issued in canada.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was issues when they first came out with this shifter also, Trucks would not go into park even though the selecter was clearly in the P position, i remember another ram owner on another forum im on having his trick roll away and written off due to extensive damage. He eveb posted a picture of the selector in the P position that was taken by the investigating police officer

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was issues when they first came out with this shifter also, Trucks would not go into park even though the selecter was clearly in the P position, i remember another ram owner on another forum im on having his truck roll away and written off due to extensive damage. He eveb posted a picture of the selector in the P position that was taken by the investigating police officer