Tundra guy thinking about making the jump..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
lol, seen this pix the other day and thought it was funny.
I am sure there are many trucks this does not happen to just thought it was funny.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1501073945883.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501073945883.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 41

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
lol, seen this pix the other day and thought it was funny.

I am sure there are many trucks this does not happen to just thought it was funny.

I'd love to see that frame and know why that happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Really, no telling why it broke like that. would not think both rails would rust like but who knows.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm. I may have to disagree here. 2005 and up Dodge Ram trucks and pretty much up to TODAY, Dodge/Ram have the MOST trucks still on the road today.

You obviously haven't had a Silverado from 2002 to 2014.. TOTAL CRAP!!

Not sure what this was about -
I sold my 2002 chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 with 214k miles for 5k in 2014 so I could go buy my mega cab, saw the kid that bought it the other day, thing is still running strong.

Op - still waiting on some info from you so we can give you the best input -
Tow a lot?
Primary use?
What are you looking for? Dead set on a 1/2 ton? The 3/4 tons are close in price for the gas motors.

Last edited:

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will start to be attracted to the service department because you'll be seeing a lot of it, your are correct with the looks and features of a ram but no comparison in longevity in *** trucks especially now that they are making the cummins trucks.

I've had 4 Rams and never had any issues besides a bad thermostat in an 02 with 4.7. Other than a couple recall updates on my 14 Sport none have been in the shop except to have oil changes done.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sorry I don't want to read through 5 pages and from what I see it looks pretty off topic.

OP, I drove Toyota vehicles for years before getting into my Ram and if Toyota made a 2500/3500 series truck there's absolutely no way I'd be driving my Ram.

Sorry my fellow Ram brothers..... I like my truck and all but it's nothing compared to my experience with Toyota.

I may be a bit jaded since the tranny on my truck blew while sitting still on the freeway at 38K miles. Dealers are just a PITA to deal with and make excuses for the trucks. OP, scroll through a few days of threads here and you'll see nothing but people ******** about dealer service.

Of course, every man has his price and Ram does seem to deliver a lot for the money in the HD line (compared to Ford and Chevy/GMC). I haven't compared 1500s but I'd have to get a deep discount and a really good warranty to take a Ram over a Toyota.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New guy here. I know traditionally I should be making an introductory post, but I figured I'd get right to the core.

I've been a Tundra guy since 2006 when I purchased my first Toyota Tundra.
I currently own a 2013 Tundra Platinum. Haven't had any issues with the Tundra's that I've owned. Really appreciate the quality that can be found in Toyota products. But I've become very frustrated that Toyota doesn't address fuel economy issues with the Tundra except for adding a 38 gallon gas tank. They've also been slow to add LED lighting and collision avoidance technology. And to top it off the Tundra's look to much like a Ford with that gawdy looking grille. Nothing stylish about it.

Over the last few months I've become attracted to the appearance of Ram Trucks. Aggressive and bold yet stylish. I've been looking at the Laramies, Laramie Longhorn, and Laramie Limited. Really like the Limited but it comes with a hefty price tag.

I guess my question for you Ram Truck guys is "Am I going to regret making the jump to a Ram Truck ?" Does the Ram quality match / exceed that of
Toyota's?

Thanks for ya'lls time.
John Curry

You mention Toyota has been slow to add LED lighting. As far as I know Ram hasn't made led or his headlights available yet either. If you're wanting that you may have to wait until the 5th gen trucks are out.

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have owned a 2000 Silverado, same as the 02, and a 07 silverado. And I know several owners of 3rd gens so I have something to compare to. The 4th gens are a different story, but I would never buy a 3rd gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I own a third gen ram tranny gave up the ghost within the 90 day warranty period (I bought it at 170k)it's been solid since other than needing the maintenance you'd expect from a poorly maintained 15 year old truck. The 5.9 has suffered some abuse I'm sure and it still keeps ticking.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I guess my question for you Ram Truck guys is "Am I going to regret making the jump to a Ram Truck ?" Does the Ram quality match / exceed that of
Toyota's?

Thanks for ya'lls time.
John Curry

John, I went from my beloved 2010 Rock Warrior 5.7 to my 2015 Cummins 2500. There are times I miss my Tundra for certain, but the Ram has been a great truck. I needed a heavier chassis to tow my RV. I miss the immediate power of the 5.7 and the solid and smooth transmission. I do enjoy the constant power of the Cummins, even though its slower to come on. The transmission is clunkier in the Ram, but that's the price you pay for 850 lbs/ft of torque I suppose. The Ram drives great, the rear coils in the 2500 are surprisingly comfortable. I enjoy the bigger seat of the Ram crew cab, coming from the Toyota double cab.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ram has more features. I test drive them all before I buy just to make sure I know first hand. No idea which is really the most reliable. They all have their pros and cons. FCA, Ford, Chevy have to sell the hell out of 1/2 trucks because they are probably their biggest seller, so they are very competitive. Toyota is behind on gas mileage, HP, transmission, electronic features, etc. But supposedly reliable. Of course Tundra is not Toyotas bread and butter vehicle, so they will upgrade it when they are ready. My Ram does not tow anything and the most I put in the back is my Harley or golf clubs. For me Ford ride is too stiff, chevy too soft. Ram just perfect. I have a Flowmaster and the pedal commander and I have smile on my face every time i get my Ram. I love driving it.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Another person just dying to be insulted :roflsquared:
In case you havent noticed, the majority of Asian Americans drive Japanese/Korean vehicles much more than they drive any of the Big Three. I work with a lot of Chinese people and not a single one of them drives an American vehicle (which there is nothing wrong with). So yeah, if the guys FRIEND drives a RAM, what is the problem with that being a little surprising to him? Oh his wording of it wasnt PC enough to the "im offended by everything today" crowd.

Its not about being racially offended. its the fact that his reasoning for being impressed is intellectually offensive.

ok, try this:

there are 10 old white women driving in the left lane at 50 mph in a 65 mph zone. then there's 10 old Asian women driving in the left lane at 50 mph in a 65 mph zone. frickin' Asian drivers.

think about it. I doubt you'll get it.

:manos:

Last edited:

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another person just dying to be insulted :roflsquared:
In case you havent noticed, the majority of Asian Americans drive Japanese/Korean vehicles much more than they drive any of the Big Three. I work with a lot of Chinese people and not a single one of them drives an American vehicle (which there is nothing wrong with). So yeah, if the guys FRIEND drives a RAM, what is the problem with that being a little surprising to him? Oh his wording of it wasnt PC enough to the "im offended by everything today" crowd.

My 22 yr old Chinese daughter Loves and Drives jeeps.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
After I gave my friend (Tundra owner) a ride back from Cali to Vegas, he was impressed with the power delivery and the interior of my RAM. I was thrown off since I was pulling my car and trailer so it wasn't as fun of a ride as it could have been. After his last visit, he gave me a ride in his truck. I can see why he was impressed. I'm not sure what package or transmission he have, but his engine performance sucked more than I imagined since we both have a 5.7L.

Now, to my unbiased opinion. All of the truck manufactures have something that the other don't and all have their issues (RAM included). Best bet is to highlight what you need and want in a truck, warranty, resale value, and then pull the trigger to enjoy it. If I was in your shoes, I would go with the RAM if you are wanting the better 5.7L or the Tundra Cummins for the better diesel (looks more impressive then our eco-diesel). "This engine is able to make up to 310 horsepower and over 555 lb-ft of torque while using just as much or even less fuel than a V6 petrol engine, all while offering much better towing capabilities than a V8 petrol engine. "

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Its not about being racially offended. its the fact that his reasoning for being impressed is intellectually offensive.

ok, try this:

there are 10 old white women driving in the left lane at 50 mph in a 65 mph zone. then there's 10 old Asian women driving in the left lane at 50 mph in a 65 mph zone. frickin' Asian drivers.

think about it. I doubt you'll get it.

:manos:

Your intelligence is astonishing. Thank you for helping me to understand, with that well thought out imaginary scenario of racial interaction. Now I totally believe and agree with you. :word:

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
Mu cousin has a 2015 sr5 and he loves it but to me it is one ugly SOB and the inside is just horrible , the one good thing the yots have going for them is the gears and thats why the MPG sucks so bad . If i was to get out of a ram for any reason i think i'd go back to an older chevy ( 2008 and below )

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry I don't want to read through 5 pages and from what I see it looks pretty off topic.

OP, I drove Toyota vehicles for years before getting into my Ram and if Toyota made a 2500/3500 series truck there's absolutely no way I'd be driving my Ram.

Sorry my fellow Ram brothers..... I like my truck and all but it's nothing compared to my experience with Toyota.

I may be a bit jaded since the tranny on my truck blew while sitting still on the freeway at 38K miles. Dealers are just a PITA to deal with and make excuses for the trucks. OP, scroll through a few days of threads here and you'll see nothing but people ******** about dealer service.

Of course, every man has his price and Ram does seem to deliver a lot for the money in the HD line (compared to Ford and Chevy/GMC). I haven't compared 1500s but I'd have to get a deep discount and a really good warranty to take a Ram over a Toyota.[/QUOTE.

The dealership I use jump through hoops to make their customers happy. Never had them try to upsell a service either.