Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm on the fence for the Diablosport i2 with Hemifever tune. I had the Superchips Flashpac, CAI, and a Magnaflow cat back on my 07 and my ass dyno didn't feel a whole lot. I read the posts out there about the Diablosport with the Hemifever tune and they say its night and day difference. Is it really?

Talk me in to buying one, and should I get a S&B CAI and maybe even Moes TB.

Recon12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on the fence for the Diablosport i2 with Hemifever tune. I had the Superchips Flashpac, CAI, and a Magnaflow cat back on my 07 and my ass dyno didn't feel a whole lot. I read the posts out there about the Diablosport with the Hemifever tune and they say its night and day difference. Is it really?

Talk me in to buying one, and should I get a S&B CAI and maybe even Moes TB.

I'm kinda like you, man. A half-second faster 0-60 isn't going to feel like much to me as far as street driving goes. You have to offset that with possible frustrations dinking with the trucks software, tuner software, warranty, higher priced premium fuel, etc. On the other hand, if you are going to go to the track, the tuner would seem to be essential.

I have messed with computers since the '80s and it never is real fun stuff :crazy: . A tuner sure is tempting, but I have reservations. I have tossed out a lot of electronic stuff that I couldn't stand anymore. I might wish I had pointed that money to something solid and visible, like a great set of headers.

There is another great thread here in the engine and performance section, I think it was "Convince me to get a tuner". There were 23 pages in that thread and all the smart people chimed in. A good read.

OP
OP
A05GSHO

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm kinda like you, man. A half-second faster 0-60 isn't going to feel like much to me as far as street driving goes. You have to offset that with possible frustrations dinking with the trucks software, tuner software, warranty, higher priced premium fuel, etc. On the other hand, if you are going to go to the track, the tuner would seem to be essential.

I have messed with computers since the '80s and it never is real fun stuff :crazy: . A tuner sure is tempting, but I have reservations. I have tossed out a lot of electronic stuff that I couldn't stand anymore. I might wish I had pointed that money to something solid and visible, like a great set of headers.

There is another great thread here in the engine and performance section, I think it was "Convince me to get a tuner". There were 23 pages in that thread and all the smart people chimed in. A good read.

Thanks for the name of the thread. I did a search and found it. I want a tuner to get back some of the mpg I lost with the wheels and tires I put on and while towing. Good thread. http://www.ramforum.com/f44/convince_me_getting_tuner-79901/

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah as previously stated there's a decent size thread on good sales pitches haha.
With that being said to sum it up, the tuner is the single best mod you can do for your trucks performance. Performance covering more than just butt dyno numbers. It really wakes the truck up and you can see the avid support you would receive with Matt at Moe's performance and Sean with Hemifever. That's a sales pitch in itself.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the 15's-16's..You cant get just the tuner.......You gotta go tuner and ecu or send your ecu to diablo for reflashing to match with tuner...Then your into issues with the dealer if they need to plug into your ecu to update stuff..

Cat backs dont really do much at all other than sound, same as cold air intakes...Now if you go tuner(and ecu or have diablo reflash your ecu to their tuner.I dont understand why they cant just set tuner to do what they do at their shops)tb and headers then your better off..Then add a catback and cai..

ORRRRR just do the tuner/ecu thingy and call it a day..Cant get alot of air in if you cant get it out,cant get it out if you cant get it in either..So as you see you need one to help another..

OP
OP
A05GSHO

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What the hell!!!!! Does Moe work all night? I ordered the Diablo at like 7:00-7:30 last night and he's got it ship already. Fedex says it'll be at my door by end of day Friday. :headbang:

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the 15's-16's..You cant get just the tuner.......You gotta go tuner and ecu or send your ecu to diablo for reflashing to match with tuner...Then your into issues with the dealer if they need to plug into your ecu to update stuff..

He has a 2013 though?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What the hell!!!!! Does Moe work all night? I ordered the Diablo at like 7:00-7:30 last night and he's got it ship already. Fedex says it'll be at my door by end of day Friday. :headbang:

What's sleep? :roflsquared: