Turn signal issue fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a strange issue with my turn signal not returning to center on left hand turns. Was worried it would be something to do with a clock spring, expensive or hard to fix. Ended up being REALLY simple.

Tried opening up the old stalk and greasing/inspecting but still kept hanging. Ended up grabbing one off eBay for $35 and works like a charm!

Video on issue and how to fix!

https://youtu.be/INU8n9yK9rc

turn%20signal.jpg

Reactions: -B-

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found this on my search last night. Mine stopped returning after right turns. Opened it up and removed the module. (thanks for the great video Boosted!)
I looked at the function of the mechanism and it was perfect moving in either direction. It had plenty of grease on it. Checked the ring on the steering wheel that triggers it...perfectly fine.
The unit the stalk mechanism snaps into is just plastic and screwed to the steering assembly. It flexs. If i flexed it a bit toward me while turning the wheels. It worked perfectly... on top is a screw hole in the plastic. the stalk module has a slotted tab that sits directly on and centered on this empty plastic screw hole. Flexed it toward me and installed a proper sized screw.
Works perfectly now.
I swear it looks exactly like it shouldve had this screw from the factor to keep it aligned. Even your unit didnt have this screw.
Ram engineered a future fix or decided to save a penny and not use a screw...wow.