The two year free servicing scam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my truck for over a year now and do my own servicing. But was wondering how they could offer a two year complimentary servicing, alleged no cost contract that was given at time of purchase that I wasn't aware of and keep getting reminders about it in mail.

The small print terms and conditions as far as I remember doesn't even cover full quantity of oil required. So how the hell can they say it's complimentary when one has to pay the difference. So basically even if I were inclined to, they want $x amount for additional oil requirement and probably another X amount for synthetic.

********? Or am I missing the point ?
9e8a4b8d0f0a08e466fbf0d3886f651e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't see what you are referring to. I'm old and slow with poor eyes, please direct me to language you are talking about.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not seeing it either, but I know in similar stuff I get in the mail, and on the posters @ the dealership, it says save money, oil change for $XX, then it says under that, extra for hemi or it will say extra for more than 5 qts, or extra for synthetic oil.

In fact, the coupon right in front of me now says "up to 5 qts", and it is $4.53 for each additional qt, with up to a 10% fee for getting rid of the old oil.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not seeing it either, but I know in similar stuff I get in the mail, and on the posters @ the dealership, it says save money, oil change for $XX, then it says under that, extra for hemi or it will say extra for more than 5 qts, or extra for synthetic oil.

In fact, the coupon right in front of me now says "up to 5 qts", and it is $4.53 for each additional qt, with up to a 10% fee for getting rid of the old oil.
The complimentary two year service agreement.
Don't see what you are referring to. I'm old and slow with poor eyes, please direct me to language you are talking about.

Sent from my SM-G928T

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK...let me rephrase...what you posted show nothing about you paying anything.

That is why we say we can't see it. We see nothing to complain about.

Maybe if you had a bigger pictutre that showed more of the agreement and this small print you mention

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK...let me rephrase...what you posted show nothing about you paying anything.

That is why we say we can't see it. We see nothing to complain about.

Maybe if you had a bigger pictutre that showed more of the agreement and this small print you mention
It shows the terms and conditions in owner connect.

Did you get a complimentary 2 year " free" servicing.

It is or was a SE regional promo apparently. Caveat being that it's not really complimentary as such since it only covers either 4 or 5 quarts regular non synth oil.

Bruv, I'm really asking those that got the offer what they think of it ;-)

Sent from my SM-G928T

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't think I got one.....only had 4 oil changes and mine is over 4 yrs old

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well, my dealer tossed in free oil changes for life. How can they afford that? By giving you a hard sell for all other maintenance whenever you take it in... $300 for filters (I buy them for $100), and $300 per diff for differential service... which I will do when I need to.

Last visit the guy wanted to tack on about $900 to that 'free' oil change. Later, I asked my fiancee what she would do if he gave her that hard sale and she said "she would just have them do it". Mental note: always go with her when she takes her vehicle in for service...

But free oil changes on my Cummins is worth listening to a crappy salesman... er I mean service manager :)

Just gimme the oil bud... just the oil...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, my dealer tossed in free oil changes for life. How can they afford that? By giving you a hard sell for all other maintenance whenever you take it in... $300 for filters (I buy them for $100), and $300 per diff for differential service... which I will do when I need to.

Last visit the guy wanted to tack on about $900 to that 'free' oil change. Later, I asked my fiancee what she would do if he gave her that hard sale and she said "she would just have them do it". Mental note: always go with her when she takes her vehicle in for service...

But free oil changes on my Cummins is worth listening to a crappy salesman... er I mean service manager :)

Just gimme the oil bud... just the oil...
Imagine how much they'd charge for a cabin filter replacement.

Sent from my SM-G928T

CocconutMonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never had any extra charge for the free oil change for additional oil or anything else. But I do have them rotate the tires for me just so I don't have to bother with it myself, so I guess they still get there $ out of me in the end.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Jeep GC came with 5 years free oil changes (I think max of 20) and they never charged me for extra oil or anything else for that matter. If I chose not to buy any of the add ons, then I never paid a cent for the oil change.

Have some free oil changes on the new Ram, can't remember off hand how many, but doesn't say anything about any extra for over x qts of oil.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Never waste my time listening to those clowns.

Last time, I told the guy, "Save your breathe. You get warranty work or free-to-me work. That's it. You guys are way overpriced and, frankly, most of your wrenches aren't that good. Every damn one, that was worth a ****, has their own shop now. So, want to take a wild guess who actually does get my "paid" work?""