Uconnect 'Trial ending'... what will I loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just got an automatic email saying the 'trial period' is ending on my Uconnect. Could have sworn the dealer said it was good for 5 years, but maybe that was Sirius.

I never use my phone to start/unlock my car, and rarely use the apps... and suppose I could use bluetooth anyway. Seems a bit costly to spend another $14 a month just to not use bluetooth...

Are there other features I am missing?

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
connect is 6mo, Sirius is one year on the truck and 5 on the app for your phone or tablet, on connect you loose the 911 feature and help on the mirror, and the other services like theft help, unlock doors, talk to text. Ive had mine turned on for two months and never used any of those so for me I wont loose anything when they end it.

CF_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just got an automatic email saying the 'trial period' is ending on my Uconnect. Could have sworn the dealer said it was good for 5 years, but maybe that was Sirius.

I never use my phone to start/unlock my car, and rarely use the apps... and suppose I could use bluetooth anyway. Seems a bit costly to spend another $14 a month just to not use bluetooth...

Are there other features I am missing?

Wait you got a 5 year subscription to SXM? I thought I was doing good with one year

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All this you pay for..

9-1-1 Call
Roadside Assistance Call
Yelp
Theft Alarm Notification
Stolen Vehicle Assistance
WiFi Hotspot
SRT Performance Pages Plus
Voice Texting
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Vehicle Start
Remote Horn & Lights

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wait.. you pay for uconnect service? i thought you just downloaded the app and that was it. Thats low... real low lol

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
All this you pay for..

9-1-1 Call
Roadside Assistance Call
Yelp
Theft Alarm Notification
WiFi Hotspot
Voice Texting
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Vehicle Start
Remote Horn & Lights

That's what you loose. I pay for it because of the texting and remote start and lock. I've started using yelp sometimes.I wish it was free but 15 bucks a month won't break me.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's what you loose. I pay for it because of the texting and remote start and lock. I've started using yelp sometimes.I wish it was free but 15 bucks a month won't break me.

it can only remote start if you have that option on your truck, but if you do it will let you do it from a smart phone too.

OP
OP
Road King

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
All this you pay for..

9-1-1 Call
Roadside Assistance Call
Yelp
Theft Alarm Notification
WiFi Hotspot
Voice Texting
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Vehicle Start
Remote Horn & Lights

Half those things I already have on my phone, and the other half on my key fob. I really don't understand why they charge extra for it. With the exception of the stolen vehicle / theft alarm items, I don't need to pay extra for any of it.

Now, an extra $14 a month to be able to locate a stolen vehicle may be worth it... is that what they mean by stolen vehicle assistance? Are we talking something on par with Lojack?

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have to use the 911 once, then it is worth every penny!!!

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
it can only remote start if you have that option on your truck, but if you do it will let you do it from a smart phone too.

Yes I kinda thought that went without having to say it. And to road king they can track your truck .If it's stolen. I don't think I'll call them if mine is stolen,I don't ever want it back.

OP
OP
Road King

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yes I kinda thought that went without having to say it. And to road king they can track your truck .If it's stolen. I don't think I'll call them if mine is stolen,I don't ever want it back.

hhmmm... which means they can track my truck NOW, right?

So I will be PAYING Ram to collect data on me?

/puts tinfoil hat on

And yeah, you are probably right. I think I would rather it be total loss/replacement than to get it back thrashed.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hhmmm... which means they can track my truck NOW, right?

So I will be PAYING Ram to collect data on me?

/puts tinfoil hat on

And yeah, you are probably right. I think I would rather it be total loss/replacement than to get it back thrashed.
They have been tracking vehicles and you and me for many years, thru car computer's and cell phones, even if you don't pay them the police can request its location and they will give it to them.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Same here, I also use voice texting a lot.

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Monroney (window) sticker for my truck states:

6-Month free trial for the Uconnect app.
1-Year free subscription to SiriusXM
5-Year or 100,000 mile Roadside Assistance

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
The free trials are as follows;
2013-2014
uconnect 1 year
xm premier 1 year
travelink 1 year

2015-2016
uconnect 6 months
xm premier 1 year
travelink 5 years

Travel link is not part of uconnect it is an add on the XM. I do not see why people think the would loose 911 / Assist. My truck did not come with uconnect at all, it had the RA1 cheapo radio. I upgraded to the RA4 and added the 911 / assist mirror and shark fin antenna. I do not have uconnect service nor can I get it as FCA will not let me. That said my 911 and assist both work and have actually spoken to the 911 operator and the Chrysler customer care center. I also have YELP, talk to text, but it does not work with my Iphone. In addition I have for some weird reason 2 of the 4 via mobile apps, (Pandora and Slacker) which most upgraders do not seem to get.

What I am getting at is when your account expires You should only loose the ability to remote control your truck with your phone, through it still should work for via mobile. You will also loose the vehicle health report and monitoring features. Big deal I say!

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Same here, I also use voice texting a lot.

Voice texting,the only thing i would miss.Hopefully cprwing is correct & I'll be able to retain the one part i cherish most as it's a safety+convenience feature.

Last edited:

maillemaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They charge money because the thing talks over the cellular network.

Steve