Undercoating & warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today at work while I was sitting in the lunch room during break, someone was talking about undercoating & the body man at our shop said he couldn't undercoat his new vehicle because it would void the warranty. This made me question how they view this with my own warranty (2017 Ram 1500 express).

Anyone have any insight on this? Wondering if it will be possible to undercoat my truck before winter months roll around without voiding my warranty? I'm going to assume that if it can be done it'll more than likely have to be done by the dealer itself.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
O believe that is true, but the rustproofing should have it's own warranty.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can do it. I got an email directly from FCA saying that the rustproofing will only void the warranty if it can be proven that it was the cause.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used Krown and Fluid Film and I prefer Krown.

Fluid Film has no dealers around here so I have to buy the cans and spray it on myself. The cans are expensive and it is actually cheaper to have Krown do it, nevermind my time and the freaken mess of doing it myself. Krown seems to hold up better. There is more of it left when it comes time to reapply (once a year). The only downside to Krown is that it drips after you apply it where Fluid Film does not. Don't park your ride in your driveway or your garage for a week after application. Fluid Film smells horrible, like your feet after you run 10 miles in dress shoes through goat spit.

OP
OP
matthewharrison
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used Krown and Fluid Film and I prefer Krown.

Fluid Film has no dealers around here so I have to buy the cans and spray it on myself. The cans are expensive and it is actually cheaper to have Krown do it, nevermind my time and the freaken mess of doing it myself. Krown seems to hold up better. There is more of it left when it comes time to reapply (once a year). The only downside to Krown is that it drips after you apply it where Fluid Film does not. Don't park your ride in your driveway or your garage for a week after application. Fluid Film smells horrible, like your feet after you run 10 miles in dress shoes through goat spit.

No worries there, rented house and gravel driveway, no garage lol

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always had my cars and trucks rust proofed, paint sealed and sound deadener put on my new autos first thing at a place called Great Lakes Chemical. I figure if my dealer has it done before I purchase the auto, it will not affect the warranty. And best of all, no more waxing, and no rust.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Well I don't know of anyone that does either around here, had not even heard about this stuff untill I got on this forum..lol

Going to buy a gallon and the spray nozzle and a throw away suit and do mine myself, I have that **** ever where..lol

less them $100 from Amazon for a gallon and the spray nozzle .