Updated Uconnect Software then this...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So today I updated my Uconnect to the latest software, MY16 RA4.
It completed the first three units successfully at 100%.
It then flashed back and started updating 14 units. On the 3rd unit it went black and came back on displaying the Ram logo with the SiriusXM radio logo.
It then kept cycling back from black screen to the Ram and SiriusXM logo.
It seems to be in some kind of boot loop. I watched it do that for 20 minutes not knowing if it was part of the update process or whether it did crap out.
Shut the ignition off and removed the USB stick. It is now only showing that Ram/Sirius logo screen.
Not sure what happened. This happen to anyone out there. I'm hoping there is a fix. Any help will be appreciated. This is for my 2016 Ram Sport.
Thanks.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same for me: I stayed in the cab for 30-45 minutes and at many times I was just very unsure if it was normal or if I should start the whole update again. The different steps and screen are very confusing. I decided to wait and finally all ok. You just have to take you mobile or a book with you [emoji12]

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I called Uconnect this morning and apparently had to take the truck into the dealership. It was stuck in what seemed to be a boot loop. The whole Uconnect system is unresponsive as its stuck on the same Ram logo screen. Just got a call from the dealership as it turned out a new radio is on order. Did not say what happened to the existing one. I got 544 km's on the clock. My truck is brand new. The thought of them having to take my dash apart to replace a radio is just mind boggling. A simple update procedure that went to ****. A very simple process that's now ending with a new radio on order. All I can say is WOW!!! And no its not a good wow either.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I called Uconnect this morning and apparently had to take the truck into the dealership. It was stuck in what seemed to be a boot loop. The whole Uconnect system is unresponsive as its stuck on the same Ram logo screen. Just got a call from the dealership as it turned out a new radio is on order. Did not say what happened to the existing one. I got 544 km's on the clock. My truck is brand new. The thought of them having to take my dash apart to replace a radio is just mind boggling. A simple update procedure that went to ****. A very simple process that's now ending with a new radio on order. All I can say is WOW!!! And no its not a good wow either.

Taking these radios out is like a 5 minute job. Not that big of a deal getting the center console bezel off.

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's quite a relief hearing that. I was under the assumption that most of the dash has to be removed to swap out the radio. The thought of it getting scratched up in the process was freaking me out. Guess I just have to wait for the new radio to come in and be swapped out. It sure sucks riding round with no touch screen and music.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They really need to change the name to: UCONNECT?

I have mine lockpicked with Customtronics, and haven't updated in over a year.

So I guess I'm at risk of having a rogue hacker drive me off a cliff, but I'm willing to take that chance... My chit is working great!

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
That's quite a relief hearing that. I was under the assumption that most of the dash has to be removed to swap out the radio. The thought of it getting scratched up in the process was freaking me out. Guess I just have to wait for the new radio to come in and be swapped out. It sure sucks riding round with no touch screen and music.

Just turn off the volume for this video as it is annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjsG0OnKFQ

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hootbro,
Thank you for the link. It is not such a big deal after all to swap out. I would do it myself If I had to. Going to let the dealer do it under warranty though.
Appreciate it. Thanks man.

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Replacement Radio Update:
Good News...for me anyway. Received a call from my dealership this morning to inform me that my new radio had come in. Managed to go in this afternoon and was in and out in about an hour. Everything is working like before. Going up North camping this long weekend. Couldn't be happier with their timing. Really sucked to be without my radio for over three weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio