Upper ball joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pil03001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I have a 09 with 130k on the clock and its time to replace the ball joints, since they have quite a bit of play in them. I started pressing the top one out and realized halfway through it may not push out correctly (appears to have a metal ring on both sides of the UCA. Has anyone replaced these before? Or has everyone gone the route of replacing the whole arm? (mevotech)

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upper ball joints are made with UCA. They are not a stand alone serviceable part. You must buy UCA to replace them. Mevotech are very good

OP
OP
P

pil03001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Upper ball joints are made with UCA. They are not a stand alone serviceable part. You must buy UCA to replace them. Mevotech are very good

If they are not serviceable then why do manufacturers sells stand alone ball joints?

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they are not serviceable then why do manufacturers sells stand alone ball joints?

Some arms can be serviced, some it's stupid to. Mevotechs are cheap enough that you might as well just change the whole thing, then you'd have new uca bushings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pil03001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Some arms can be serviced, some it's stupid to. Mevotechs are cheap enough that you might as well just change the whole thing, then you'd have new uca bushings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but I already have the upper and lower ball joint parts and was hoping someone had some tips and tricks to removing them. It would just suck waiting longer for parts and have the hassle of returning the others...