V6 rebel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that explains why i saw one without the hemi badge the other day

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I seen one at a dealer in Clinton mi on a dealers lot good looker
but with out the hemi no interest from me
plus it extra for rebel instrument panel
brianj

Last edited:

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Such a badass truck, wouldn't buy one in a v6 either though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
All the V6 hate is ironic. Not too many years ago, we'd have killed for a 305hp Ram or a Challenger at all.

I have been very impressed with my V6 in the Ram. For what it is, it has plenty of power that I need. Yeah a Hemi would be nice but right now it is not needed.

I was also very impressed with the Ecoboost V6 Fords.

On the subject of the Rebel, not quite sure how I am liking the front end.

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What is that fourth button on the fob?

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
All the V6 hate is ironic. Not too many years ago, we'd have killed for a 305hp Ram or a Challenger at all.

I just feel like a truck that badass should be a v8. I mean the 2015 ram we have as a rental right now can move for a v6. I just feel like trucks are more badass with a bigger engine haha

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That price tag is pretty nice for the truck tho

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I just feel like a truck that badass should be a v8. I mean the 2015 ram we have as a rental right now can move for a v6. I just feel like trucks are more badass with a bigger engine haha
I agree...the Hemi is one badass truck. It's all the "V6s don't belong in trucks" crowd that somehow thinks the Hemi is the only engine ever made that bothers me.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
v6 is the standard in all rams. the v8 is an upgrade. you can even order a laramie with a v6 most dealers dont stock them.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The last I read the v6 rebel was supposed to come with the part time (no auto 4x4) transfer case. The v8 was supposed to be equipped with the full time 4x4 transfer case. I think that is definitely a minis because of all of the problems with the auto not locking out right away.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,
No problem with 300hp v-6 in a truck, or a Chally/Charger. Had the 3.0 in an 03 Sebring LXI and it could get with the program. BUT in a truck called the Rebel it just doesn't seem right.
The v-6 is a good motor, but let's not try to say it is on par with he Hemi. They are different motors and have different purposes.

The Rebel really ought to be a hemi, kind of like a Road Runner with a slant six otherwise.
JMHO YMMV,

preachp

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
That price tag is pretty nice for the truck tho

I was thinking the same thing. Even though that's a V6. That's a pretty loaded out ram. Very good price.

and OH MAN!! I want those seats!!! Can't wait for those to pop up used..lol

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
The v-6 is a good motor, but let's not try to say it is on par with he Hemi. They are different motors and have different purposes.

The Rebel really ought to be a hemi, kind of like a Road Runner with a slant six otherwise.
Nobody said it was on par with the hemi.

But you don't need a Hemi to make these trucks go.

Not everybody wants to go fast. Some people just wanna haul people and cargo, maybe tow a little, and look good doing it. Oh yeah, and get great fuel economy. The Pentastar certainly does that.

And have you driven a Pentastar-equipped Ram? Comparing it to a slant six is like comparing the 4.7 to the Hellcat engines.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Nobody said it was on par with the hemi.

But you don't need a Hemi to make these trucks go.

Not everybody wants to go fast. Some people just wanna haul people and cargo, maybe tow a little, and look good doing it. Oh yeah, and get great fuel economy. The Pentastar certainly does that.

And have you driven a Pentastat-equipped Ram? Comparing it to a slant six is like comparing the 4.7 to the Hellcat engines.

If I wasn't on a V8 craze I would have got a V6. Nothing wrong with V6's, just check out my other ride....

I wouldn't mind picking up a used for a beater truck sometime down the road.