vehicle sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram 2500
Engine
has anyone had there sticker show things on there vechicle and they weren,t are truck .never bought a dodge before called chrysler they were no help??? thanks

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
It happens occasionally, dealers will sometimes remove parts to trade with other triucks to make deals

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i would think if you have proof that it wasn't there at time of delivery you should be able to get money from them since you paid for it.

OP
OP
J

johnhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram 2500
Engine
window sticker

Thanks for your replys.Chrysler called back they say they have a different build sheet from my window sticker vin # is correct on window I guess buyer beware when buying a chrysler product I should have went over the truck with fine tooth comb .never ran into something like this with ford or chevy if it was on the sticker it was on the truck again thanks for your reply,s

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
in many cases chryslers build sheet is different than the window sticker because there are dealer added options. What is missing from your truck that was on the sticker?

OP
OP
J

johnhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram 2500
Engine
was suppose have lighted sun visors light glove box light under hood rear dome light on/off switch. garage door opener. the best part chrysler says they have it built as quad cab. they don,t make 2500 in quad cab only crew cabs . the window sicker says crew cab If you ask me they are totaly screwed up I.ll just live with it but I will remember this when its time for a new truck thanks

OP
OP
J

johnhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram 2500
Engine
bought sight seen I know now NOT TO BRING WIFE on next purchase she rushing me to get the truck so she could go SHOPPNG so I just signed and got out of there my fault I just assumed if it was on sticker it was on truck .and yes I know what assume means my mistake thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I still think that if it is on the sticker and you paid for that they(the dealer) should reimburse you the cost being that the truck does not actually have those features

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
bought sight seen I know now NOT TO BRING WIFE on next purchase she rushing me to get the truck so she could go SHOPPNG so I just signed and got out of there my fault I just assumed if it was on sticker it was on truck .and yes I know what assume means my mistake thanks

How far are you from the dealer?
Its should be unnecessary but you should take this up with them and file a complaint with the better business bureau

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still think that if it is on the sticker and you paid for that they(the dealer) should reimburse you the cost being that the truck does not actually have those features

How far are you from the dealer?
Its should be unnecessary but you should take this up with them and file a complaint with the better business bureau

I agree with them, if the sticker the dealer had on the truck says it should have certain items on the truck and it doesn't have them, then you should get your money back for those items or the dealer should install what they said was installed on the truck.

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't give up, do a search and you will find this has happened before. Chrysler changed the package contents and never changed out,the window stickers to reflect the change. Call Chrysler and open a complaint. At a min they will refund the price of the items not received.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
sometimes the package on the options section of the sticker deletes some of the standard items on the left of the sticker and the items remain listed, but like mentioned above - if they charged you for it and it's not there, they should add it or refund. Good luck.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes!!! No help from Chrysler either. Dealer told me the options in the options column would have a price associated with it if they were on the truck. After I bought it I found out they were full of S**t! Fought for over 6 moths with nothing. Finger pointing back and forth between dealer and factory. Problem is the options are part of the Outdoorsman package, so I feel I paid for them but never got them. Couldn't get past customer care...What a joke!!!

mick1152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2012 1500 Hemi Express Crew cab. It was an ad special at the dealership and the advertisement said it had the California edition 20" black painted wheels. When I got there, it had the 20" silver painted wheels. I really didn't care either way to be honest for what the price was of the truck.

However, when I looked closer at the window sticker when I was taking delivery I saw the $1,300 California edition black wheels package was part of the total price. Got a little miffed if that is a $1,300 feature that is supposed to be on the truck. Questioned them about it and they went back inside to talk and research it. Turned out they had pulled them off to sell with another truck. They gave me a "Due Bill" for the black wheels and ordered them for me.

I'm not sure how that would have played out if I hadn't caught it at the dealership before taking delivery though. I'm guessing they'd have probably pulled some crap saying they never promised them to me or may have even gone as far as to say they were there when they sold me the truck.

Ultimately though, if it's on the sticker, I'd keep fighting them on the matter. It should be there if it say it on the sticker!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hire an ambulance chaser and go see the stealership owner.:dancingpoop:

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
I have had two similar experiences regarding items I thought were included and have learned my lesson the hard way that you have to check EVERYTHING before you sign and leave with the vehicle. Both of my prior issues were manufacturer issues, not the dealer.

First time was when purchasing my 2007 Harley Street glide. The brochure and the website both said the model had cruise control. Pick up the bike and took it home. I was out on a ride and realized the cruise control wasn't on the bike. Wasn't really the dealer's fault. Harley says their website and product brochures clearly state "not responsible for typos" and "specs subject to change". Dealer ended up selling me cruise control for their cost and installed for free, so they at least tried.

Second time was when I purchased a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Same deal - product brochure and web site both listed the XM ready radio as "standard". I had already had an XM subscription on another vehicle. After taking the Tahoe home, I called XM to activate the radio and they told me my VIN didn't show in their system as an XM ready radio. I went back to the dealer to complain. Chevy says my truck was an "early build" that didn't include that. I say product info doesn't footnote to say "after certain date" etc. Went back and forth with Chevy and the dealer for a few days. I argued my check and payment were complete, I'm only asking for what they indicated was included. My analogy to was the specs say the the engine is a 5.3L. At the time of delivery should I have to disassemble the engine and measure the bore and stroke to determine if that is accurate too? They ended up swapping the radio for an XM ready one.

I have learned when you pick up a vehicle you must carefully check the window sticker and all options to make sure everything is there.

I certainly will be doing that when the 2013 CC Laramie comes in that I just ordered.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been arguing since June and the original salesman and Sales manager are no longer there. I even showed the dealership that they too paid for the options on their dealer invoice. They really don't seem to care. I did not get the 110v plug, power driver seat, center console, and split rear bench. I need a truck without the center console, so no big deal, but the thing I wanted the most was the split rear bench...they can't even come up with a solution to put one in. I asked for a Linex liner and a split rear bench instead of the other three options. Figured that would be easy and an even trade for the options I did not get. Got the liner, dealer paid for it but would not pay for the split rear bench. They say that is a manufacturer problem but really have done nothing since around Christmas. I will probably keep looking on ebay til I find a split bench and forget about any help from Dodge. Done wasting my time with them, they do not seem to care.