Verifying gear ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How can I verify I actually have a 3.92 rear end?

My window sticker says 3.92 but driving it at even 75mph it feels like its bogging down the engine at around 2100 rpm? I disable 8th gear and limit it to 7th. Probably hurts mpg, but I dont like the motor bogging or the transmission hunting up and down.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Crawl up underneath the rear axle. There is a sticker on it that will tell You what the gearing is.

Your welcome. :D

OP
OP
K

Kwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Crawl up underneath the rear axle. There is a sticker on it that will tell You what the gearing is.

Your welcome. :D

It's 2am here, but had to do as you suggested... Sure enough, 3.92 as stated on the sticker.

While I was down there, noticed a sticker on my fuel tank showing 32gal. Kinda nice that they label everything - and with the vin.

I was curious about the fuel tank, since when I ran the tank below E, it only took 28gal. I noticed there was a thread about fuel tank capacity - but nice to see the 32 gal label on the tank.

Thanks!!!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 3.92 axle and the 32 gallon tank are options that are very popular, that a lot of people either don't think about at the time of purchase or can't seem to find a truck with those particular options from the factory. Sounds like you did well in getting them both.
Jay