Very upset with Diamler Chrysler/Ram warranty parts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my most of my threads on here are from problems I have had with my 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie that I bought at the end of January... It is now June and I have only 4100 miles on it. I don't drive it much because I have a service van for work so I drive the truck usually on the weekends. And thats if they wife doesn't feel like taking her new grand cherokee.

Anyways my truck has been to the dealer 4 times for overnight repairs. I have been up 2 other times so they could run a scan for codes per there request.

I spent the money for all the goodies on this truck. But have had nothing but problems with my radio/screen/climate. Everything locks up including the climate controls and stuff becomes useless like bluetooth and SD card options. They tried a few things the first 2 times in with updates and what not and it didn't work. 3rd time the Ram Engineers told them to replace the screen/radio. They ordered a new one from the factory and installed it.

2 weeks goes by and again everything is locked up and now I keep losing all my presets for both radio and SXM as well as audio base/treble settings on both.

I bring it in and show them and they had it all yesterday and asked me to come in. I was shown an email they recieved from the factory on the screen lockup issues I am having.

Supposedly when customers in the past had lockup issue and the screens/radio replaced they sent the suposed bad ones back to the factory for testing. They were tested and found to have no issues. Now here is what ****** me off! In the email it states that if they were tested with no issues they were being sent back out in the field to replace new customers that are having lockup issue (like me). How can a manufacture be that dumb to send out someone elses problem screen/radio to another customer with lockup issues?????

I am totally dumbfounded by this. They're trying to get back these if they pop up in cases like mine so they can be disposed of.

If it doesn't work after this my truck goes into arbitration with the dealer/manufacture under Lemon Law. Pretty **** poor in my opinion.

I have been a ram guy all my life with my parents who have never had much of any problems with there dodge/chrysler/Ram vehicles. Hence the reason I dumped my silverado to buy my RAM. Only bought the Silverado because I was influenced that I got great deals because my wifes uncle runs a dealer. Wasn't the case and it was a gutless wonder.

Just thought i would share the information about this email that went out to dealers supposedly last thursday.

I sent a scathing email to RAM which probably won't get me anywhere but I had to vent.

Would I buy another Ram I was asked....probably cause I do like the truck but would request a 2014 in hopes of the problems being resolved.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Other Mfg's have issues with their electronics as well which sort of floors me. I'm not sure why they haven't just started sticking in tablets to run all this stuff. I don't think any one of my 4 iPads has ever rebooted on me. Why do the Mfg's find it necessary to reinvent the wheel? Samsung, Apple, and many others have a viable solution and all that would need to be done is some tweaking.

I'm NOT looking forward to having issues with my truck. I DO NOT want to have to go to a dealer. I despise them.

Chris

OP
OP
MACH

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Other Mfg's have issues with their electronics as well which sort of floors me. I'm not sure why they haven't just started sticking in tablets to run all this stuff. I don't think any one of my 4 iPads has ever rebooted on me. Why do the Mfg's find it necessary to reinvent the wheel? Samsung, Apple, and many others have a viable solution and all that would need to be done is some tweaking.

I'm NOT looking forward to having issues with my truck. I DO NOT want to have to go to a dealer. I despise them.

Chris

I agree other manufactures have problems as well. I know fords Sync has had some issues as well. My service guys tells me fords have problems all the time with sync. I am like hey dude, my truck doesn't say ford on the front. Don't compare it! Drives me nuts.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I think in this case the dealer should have given you a permanent fix by now. 6 months on the same issue is horrible. I think the lemon law is your best bet.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck.

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
Under the lemon laws working three time on the same item or defect you should be able to get replacement truck.

I have had a similar problem with another manufacture with Fosgate stereo in it from the factory.

They replaced the original radio 2 times.

When it was time for a third replacement I WAS PISSED when I found out they were using refurbished parts and not new.

I told them I bought this truck new and expect any factory defects to be replaced with new components and not refurbished!!

I said obviously your refurbished parts are pieces of **** and insisted on new!!

I asked them who I send my bill to for payment since I am self employed and my time was money out of my pocket running my new under warranty $35,000 truck back and forth to have refurbished parts put in it.

Of course all I got was blank stare from the owner of the dealership!!

They did order new fosgate and installed it, no more problems.

Here again is the problem with the dealers with the economy and the much smaller margins ( profit) the dealers are making. If a dealer sends back a working unit they said was defective the dealer does not get paid for their labor and parts. This new policy has them all scared to work on factory defects because the dealers are afraid of loosing money.

Regards
Don

Last edited:

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here again is the problem with the dealers with the economy and the much smaller margins ( profit) the dealers are making. If a dealer sends back a working unit they said was defective the dealer does not get paid for their labor and parts. This new policy has them all scared to work on factory defects because the dealers are afraid of loosing money.

Totally sucks about the way its the individual hard working dealers who get the **** end of the stick from the massive company... little guy never wins eh.. and were just the smallest one on down the line.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not try a different dealer? If one dealer hasn't fixed the issue then try another. Doesn't matter what Chrysler says to fix, some techs and advisors are smarter and more savvy than others

Also, they can send the radios back into the field all they want if they tested fine. What do you think happens with refurbished tv/phones/appliances/etc? They're tested and fixed if needed, if no fix needed then they get shipped right back out. Just the way the industry is

Chrysler probably hasn't had enough time to dig through the whole integrated computer system in these trucks and find the solution for every issue

Yes it sucks but that's what happens when you're dealing with relatively new technology at a low price point. Companies still have issues with heated seats which have been around for 30 years if not more in the high end price bracket

Hopefully you get it sorted out soon though

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
Also, they can send the radios back into the field all they want if they tested fine. What do you think happens with refurbished tv/phones/appliances/etc? They're tested and fixed if needed, if no fix needed then they get shipped right back out. Just the way the industry is

Refurbished Items tv/phones/appliances/etc are not sold as new they are sold as refurbished and most are steeply discounted.

I just bought a refurbed HP computer because it was running WINDOZ XP for $250.00 .

When you purchased your truck with factory warranty and extended warranty if you bought one, for 10's of thousands of your hard earned money replacing a warranty problems or defect with refurbed is just ********* in my book.

In my business I sell new and refurbished parts and pieces but my customers are well aware of what they are buying!

Regards
Don