Vibration at 2000 RPM's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hcrobertsonjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 5.7 Hemi with the 8 speed auto tran. I didn't notice it at first, but now at 20,000 miles it's becoming more and more noticeable. when accelerating and going through the gears I feel a very fine vibration through the gas pedal at the 2000 RPM mark. it's more noticeable when going up a hill when there's a strain. the dealership checked it out and said it was the drive shaft, but that it would have to get worse before they could figure out the problem. anyone else experiencing this issue. I don't know it's something to be overly concerned about, but it really is annoying. regards, Carter

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
They said it was the driveshaft... but said it has to get worse before the can figure it out?

Isn't saying its the driveshaft figuring it out? It's a new truck under warranty... get that **** replaced. Trouble shoot on chrysler's dime, who cares.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
They said it was the driveshaft... but said it has to get worse before the can figure it out?

Isn't saying its the driveshaft figuring it out? It's a new truck under warranty... get that **** replaced. Trouble shoot on chrysler's dime, who cares.

I'm in agreeance. They told u drive shaft sounds like they should replace it to me.

Kbooth18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
get worse until when the warranty expires? That's the whole purpose of a warranty, dodge should replace it on their dollar now.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I noticed a slight vibration but it was in the steering wheel. The dealer told me there wasn't anything wrong so I told them I wanted to see for myself and test drive another truck with same setup. It was same exact vibration in other truck too. I have same year, engine, and transmission as you. I have a big horn quad with 3.92 just in case you were wondering but I'm only at 10k now. I noticed it right from the start though. It hasn't got worse

Last edited: