Want a ram r/t but........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's no way I would pay over $25,000 for a regular cab truck...even a brand new RT. I think you should definitely be able to get them down to close to $20,000. Because we all know the dealership ripped the poor guy that traded it in a new one.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
It's all in what you want. I wouldn't buy a 4wd...or now that my daughter is grown another crew cab truck....I have no use for either.
Considering the amenities and cosmetic upgrades you get a lot for your money.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Heck I would have paid an extra $5000 to get an R/T.....my RC Express was $20,000 ish out the door.

Hood, 22's, 4.10's, stall, better interior for $5000...yup...

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in that boat right now. Some things have come up and I may be able to trade up closer to summer. I have a thing for reg cab trucks. The crew cab is nice and I debate which one the get. My wife has a fairly new loaded jeep cherokee so when we need to all go out together we have the room. If I am buying it I am buying it loaded. The only option I really don't care for is the power pedals.

That being said the crew cab is enticing for the space. It also provides another vehicle for trips time to time. Also, with the exception of the gears and stall converter I can get the same options. The troublesome thing is the crew comes out nearly 10k more than the R/T which I don't think is justified. I know I can deal on that but I can deal on the R/T too.

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
those that worry about the gears 392s have just about the same preformance as 410s. the average person cant really tell the diffrence in the two. heck if there was a 373 option in the mopars id would of gotten them.... imo get what you want you will not be happy if you get something you regret

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
those that worry about the gears 392s have just about the same preformance as 410s. the average person cant really tell the diffrence in the two. heck if there was a 373 option in the mopars id would of gotten them.... imo get what you want you will not be happy if you get something you regret

X2 I've made the mistake before of settling for something that wasn't exactly what I wanted and I regretted it big time

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That's a good point on the wheels too.

No doubt I would go for an R/T over an Express. It may cost a little more but you get a lot more too.

this,
A lot of members have bought the express (looks great on the outside) but it is a stripped down truck, and does not have all the capabilities of the R/T. for instance if you want to have power mirrors with the turn signal and puddle lights it won't work without you doing your own wiring to make it work.

2012 R/T Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I started off shopping the express. Great truck for the money!!! I saw the R/T and loved the rims, interior and hood. If you are sold on a regular cab and want the R/T pull the trigger. I've never wished I save the money!!

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely go R/T! Coming from a guy that stepped down from an R/T to a truck that has some similar features of an express(damn hard plastic dash instead of soft touch stitched) I regret it all the time. Wish I would've gone sport or laramie. Now I have to spend like $1,800 for the leather, over $1,000 for the dash, $400 for the 430 radio(about $1200 for the 430N or 730N), $300 for back up camera, not sure if I can add power pedals. If the express doesn't have uconnect then that's another couple hundred and the express has a black and tan interior compared to the all black of the sport. It adds up really quick!

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would say go r/t having both express and r/t especially if your going to change the gears and all that buy it already done with dealership warranty and no loss of time do to it being in the shop to change and express to say what an r/t has

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you can shoot holes on this topic from both sides. Very valid points from either side. But I think UNBROKEN said it best "it's all in what YOU want". You'll be paying for it. It needs to please you.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The interior alone is worth it for the R/T. I live in PA so 4wd was mandatory, that's why I went with the Express. The sticker on my Express was 30K, it has power everything, Uconnect, etc. I got them down to 25k. If it wasn't for the damn snow up here I would of definitely spent 25k on an R/T.

OP
OP
Ctdsylvia

Ctdsylvia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Ok boys I took the plunge and bought the truck...and all I have to say is wow this truck is awesome hands down the best truck I've ever owned ill try to get some pics up tomorrow

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963