warning lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robertoloco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello members.I am a new member as I just bought my 1st dodge truck.It is a 2012 dodge ram 3500,4x4,DRW,4 door,6.7L CTD.I bought it to tow my jeep out to the desert,mts,etc.I also bought a 24' bumper pull flatbed trailer.I was pulling the trailer home today,empty,up a steep windy mountain road when the abs light came on as well as the brake light(the one that comes on when the emergency brake is on)and the service 4wheel drive light.I pulled over and shut it off.I checked the temp of trailer brakes as I did not know if I had brakes adj. correctly,they were cool.I got back in the truck and started it and all lights remained off.Could anybody explain what might have happened ? Thanks

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the same issue happen to a different vehicle. The ABS and Brake light would come one every now and again. Here, it was a bad ABS sensor. Might be an avenue to look in to.

Adam

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Check your brake fluid level, those lights could come on if the brake fluid is low (happened to my wife's altima but it was only her Ebrake light but different manufacutres can have different lights its worth a peak) and maybe you were on a steep enough hill that the fluid slid back and clicked the sensor. But as said probably sensor related.

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello members.I am a new member as I just bought my 1st dodge truck.It is a 2012 dodge ram 3500,4x4,DRW,4 door,6.7L CTD.I bought it to tow my jeep out to the desert,mts,etc.I also bought a 24' bumper pull flatbed trailer.I was pulling the trailer home today,empty,up a steep windy mountain road when the abs light came on as well as the brake light(the one that comes on when the emergency brake is on)and the service 4wheel drive light.I pulled over and shut it off.I checked the temp of trailer brakes as I did not know if I had brakes adj. correctly,they were cool.I got back in the truck and started it and all lights remained off.Could anybody explain what might have happened ? Thanks

Is this an isolated incident or has this happened other times? – Kevin T, Social Connect Team