Warranty, added care+ vs max care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The price is about 500+ difference between the two. Is the added care + good enough or do most that get the warranty go with max care. I have done some searching and most results just say how much they paid for what term and coverage. I am looking at a 1500 model with the air suspension and have read the + covers it so I'm wondering what is the added benefit of max care and have people not had items covered under added care+. Looking at 8 year or lifetime.
Thanks,
Jerry

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
keep in mind you can negotiate the price on the extended warranty. they usually have 2-800 markup on them depending on what one you go with.

OP
OP
Jerry1984

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
keep in mind you can negotiate the price on the extended warranty. they usually have 2-800 markup on them depending on what one you go with.

I'll be taking in a quote from the internet dealers and if they can't match it I'll just buy it online through an out of state dealership

OP
OP
Jerry1984

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What warranties do you have? Most have to have purchased the warranty, no?

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Im getting the LIFETIME warranty. I keep cars forever, and i cant see how it wouldnt possibly just pay for itself.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
an extended warranty is just a gamble.

i got it. i have a 100k/5 yr i think. i would have to look. i figured that with all the electronics on these i would be better off. even thought there is a 100k powertrain if a computer goes there is aeasily a 1k bill.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Im getting the LIFETIME warranty. I keep cars forever, and i cant see how it wouldnt possibly just pay for itself.

X2

I got rid of my last truck which I loved just because of the fear of big upcoming repairs. The worst case scenario is I'm just loaning them the $2200 for a long time. I'll eventually get it back.

As for the OP's question.... for the $500 I couldn't imagine not getting the Maxcare. There are just too many "little" things on these trucks that can add up to big bucks years from now when they start to go wrong.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
i extended my warranty to 7yrs/70k miles bumper to bumper

OP
OP
Jerry1984

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
X2

I got rid of my last truck which I loved just because of the fear of big upcoming repairs. The worst case scenario is I'm just loaning them the $2200 for a long time. I'll eventually get it back.

As for the OP's question.... for the $500 I couldn't imagine not getting the Maxcare. There are just too many "little" things on these trucks that can add up to big bucks years from now when they start to go wrong.

Added care + is around ~1800 and the max care is ~2300 for lifetime. Just wondering what the differences are between the two. Max care seems to cover more but it appears added care + covers pretty much everything. Is the difference with getting a rent a car or something. I have access to a car if needed so don't really need that kind of coverage. Just don't want to waste 500 if not getting any more benefit.

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Added care + is around ~1800 and the max care is ~2300 for lifetime. Just wondering what the differences are between the two. Max care seems to cover more but it appears added care + covers pretty much everything. Is the difference with getting a rent a car or something. I have access to a car if needed so don't really need that kind of coverage. Just don't want to waste 500 if not getting any more benefit.

Ya not sure the exact difference, probably u can Check Chryslers website. Dude, for $500, youre better off with the bigger warranty. You'd hate to be caught short 15 Years down the line! Both include rental cat but only to 100,000 miles. You'll likely not even need it before then, so that's a moot point in any case. I, too am gonna buy the max care LIFETIME.:)

OP
OP
Jerry1984

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems the max care is the way to go. Care + doesn't include power windows and a few other things that are prone to failure. With everything being electronically controlled it will be worth it to be fully covered. I'll let you know how it goes. Planning to purchase truck this week or weekend if I can get the right deal.

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Seems the max care is the way to go. Care + doesn't include power windows and a few other things that are prone to failure. With everything being electronically controlled it will be worth it to be fully covered. I'll let you know how it goes. Planning to purchase truck this week or weekend if I can get the right deal.

ya gotta be maxcare if youre gonna buy it, i think...

greg4ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
3.6 V6
I got mine at

Mopar Vehicle Protection: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.

I purchased the 7 year 7000 MAXIMUM CARE for $1,000 after a promo code.
that covers 5000+ parts. ($100 deductible) Covers all electronics and much more than the ADDED care does.

the ADDED care was $790 for the same coverage. (800+ base parts covered)

For the difference in the coverage, I'd say go with the MAXIMUM care plan.

Bob Cline was the guy I spoke with. I believe it was Zeigler Chrysler/Dodge.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine at

Mopar Vehicle Protection: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.

I purchased the 7 year 7000 MAXIMUM CARE for $1,000 after a promo code.
that covers 5000+ parts. ($100 deductible) Covers all electronics and much more than the ADDED care does.

the ADDED care was $790 for the same coverage. (800+ base parts covered)

For the difference in the coverage, I'd say go with the MAXIMUM care plan.

Bob Cline was the guy I spoke with. I believe it was Zeigler Chrysler/Dodge.

Care to share that promo code with the rest of us????

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Care to share that promo code with the rest of us????

^ Yes, please do. I Spoke with Bob Kline about the LIFETIME warranty, and was about to buy, but was unaware of a promo code?

GM Enthusiast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Care Plus has a list of the items that it covers, just over 800 of them. Maximum Care just has a list of the items that it doesn't cover, namely maintenance and wear items, paint and body and lenses. Everything else is covered.

Care Plus plan info: http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/Lifetime_Added_Care_Plus.pdf

Maximum Care plan info: http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/5100_Lifetime_Maximum_Care.pdf

greg4ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
3.6 V6
I bought my previous FORD ESP from Bob Cline @ Zeigler. I asked him if there were any "promo codes" at the time, and told him that I was on some of the FORD forums, and he might get more people to buy if they had a promo code.
Since I asked, he put in a code "GREGH", and that was an instant success.

Bob said he would put the same code on the chrysler/Dodge site. using the promo code saves you another $75 off the posted prices.

P.S. I do not work for Zeigler Chysler/Dodge. I have no financial gain by offering the code in the forum. I asked the dealer for a discount, and he agreed to give it to the entire forum, sort of as a "group buy".

If you are interested in buying an ESP, use it, and save another $75. No blasting me sharing the promo code being the one I asked for and used. If you are not in the market for the dodge esp, then hold the negatives.

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I bought my previous FORD ESP from Bob Cline @ Zeigler. I asked him if there were any "promo codes" at the time, and told him that I was on some of the FORD forums, and he might get more people to buy if they had a promo code.
Since I asked, he put in a code "GREGH", and that was an instant success.

Bob said he would put the same code on the chrysler/Dodge site. using the promo code saves you another $75 off the posted prices.

P.S. I do not work for Zeigler Chysler/Dodge. I have no financial gain by offering the code in the forum. I asked the dealer for a discount, and he agreed to give it to the entire forum, sort of as a "group buy".

If you are interested in buying an ESP, use it, and save another $75. No blasting me sharing the promo code being the one I asked for and used. If you are not in the market for the dodge esp, then hold the negatives.

Why would there be any negatives? Im sure everyone appreciates The Savings!:naughty:

greg4ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
3.6 V6
the dodge journey folks accused me of working for the dealership and making a commission on advertising the promo code. You know, there's a few in every group, and those folks weren't a very nice group. You never know how you're going to be treated as a newbie in any forum group.

But I've enjoyed my stay in the Dodge Ram forums so far, and hopefully can contribute.

But the thought in posting it anywhere was saving folks a few dollars anyway they can. I enjoyed the savings.

Why would there be any negatives? Im sure everyone appreciates The Savings!:naughty:

plainsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
If you buy a either plan and keep the vehicle for 4 years what is the remainder worth when trading in the vehicle? Isn't everything covered up to 3 yr., 36,000; 50 to 100,000 for drivetrain. After my 2015 Laramie purchase I may consider this prior to expiration of factory warranty.