Warranty issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have 2015 Power Wagon. Had it for little less than a year and have little over 8k miles on it. Before I had 1500 Laremie
Been wanting it for a while so I was very excited to own it and loved it.
After about six month I've been getting SERVICE ELECTRONIC BRAKE SYSTEM sign. When sign appears throttle doesn't respond and brake works 70%. Resulting me to pull over/stop in the middle of highway turn off the engine then restart to reset.
First time I went to service they reboot(flesh) the software then told me it will be fine. It didn't work. Second time Service dept told me everything checks ok so there's nothing they could do even though they recognized the problem. I called Ram support and their respond was same!! So I asked if I was on a highway in front of semi w/o shoulder to pull over getting in to accident or even worse would they be responsible? then rep put me on hold for a while and told me I will be assigned to dedicated rep to handle the issue.
I think its a joke they are telling me to drive a malfunctioning truck potentially risking my life.
Is there anything I can do? Did anybody have had a same issue?
Help please!!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a Ram factory rep that checks this site daily(I think). Maybe they will see this and offer you some help with working with what appears to be an un-helpful dealer.
Jay

OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Username?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Typical. I love my RAM but FCA and their dealership service departments are just about the worst in the industry when it comes to resolving warranty work and deep diving a troubleshoot and repair.

Unless the doohickey is broke in two and swinging in their face, they either call it "normal" or "they all do it" and shuffle the problem back to the owner and down the road they go.

OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just picked up the car from service. They say they can't do anything. I mentioned about lemon law and rep says doesn't apply sine they can't find the problem even though they saw error codes. Asked then what can be an issue they said 20 different parts and they cannot just swap out parts
So now I am driving malfunctioning truck because dealer doesn't see nothing wrong with the truck

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i understand you being mad about them nit finding anything, if there was no code stored then they have no code to read.

keep in mind as vehicles get more and more controlled through computers the days of a mechanic that can actually diagnose the issues are going away. If their computer cant tell them what is wrong they cant fix anything.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find another dealer, that one is full of lazy worthless mechanics that unless the code scanner tells them what to fix they can't figure it out... Aside from questions here on the forum have you found any other reports of the same issue?

Typical. I love my RAM but FCA and their dealership service departments are just about the worst in the industry when it comes to resolving warranty work and deep diving a troubleshoot and repair.

Unless the doohickey is broke in two and swinging in their face, they either call it "normal" or "they all do it" and shuffle the problem back to the owner and down the road they go.

Unfortunately I think this is the new trend in the industry all around, not just FCA, It is really bad with FCA though. Not all dealers are bad, I have dealt with 4 dealers so far with my Ram's and 3 of the four sucked more #$% than a **** star and the one has been pretty good except for some sub par work that they have since fixed and taking forever to fix it.... Good dealers and good service writers and mechanics are out there.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
My google foo shows some chatter about if they re-flashed it and did not do a "ABS Reinitialization" it will still pop the message. Seems the techs like to menu push through this step and not do it.

Edit: Also check your fuse box to make sure all the fuses are seated 100%. Seem to be common for the fuses to be installed not 100% and vibration can cause an intermittent power reset to the ABS brake controller throwing the light also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am giving ram headquarter a chance if not I am goin to wait for it to pop up again so I could take it back to dealer again. Then start searching for lemon law attorney. Seems like that's the only choice I have.

OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My google foo shows some chatter about if they re-flashed it and did not do a "ABS Reinitialization" it will still pop the message. Seems the techs like to menu push through this step and not do it.

I will mention that next time I go
Thank you

OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Find another dealer, that one is full of lazy worthless mechanics that unless the code scanner tells them what to fix they can't figure it out... Aside from questions here on the forum have you found any other reports of the same issue?

Unfortunately I think this is the new trend in the industry all around, not just FCA, It is really bad with FCA though. Not all dealers are bad, I have dealt with 4 dealers so far with my Ram's and 3 of the four sucked more #$% than a **** star and the one has been pretty good except for some sub par work that they have since fixed and taking forever to fix it.... Good dealers and good service writers and mechanics are out there.

Found several other sites with same issue and I did mention the part number and everything else but since THEY can't figure it out they can't just swap out parts

OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i understand you being mad about them nit finding anything, if there was no code stored then they have no code to read.

keep in mind as vehicles get more and more controlled through computers the days of a mechanic that can actually diagnose the issues are going away. If their computer cant tell them what is wrong they cant fix anything.

They do have the code. They just can't figure out which part to replace since it could be 20 different parts that could trigger it

B-Shot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up the car from service. They say they can't do anything. I mentioned about lemon law and rep says doesn't apply sine they can't find the problem even though they saw error codes. Asked then what can be an issue they said 20 different parts and they cannot just swap out parts
So now I am driving malfunctioning truck because dealer doesn't see nothing wrong with the truck

Keep your phone handy and take vids when it happens and call your bank/finance company and insurance company to make them aware of the situation.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance if it pops up, take it to a auto store to read that code or even get that code number?

I'm saying that so you can have actual evidence from an outside source saying that it's throwing this specific code...so they just can't clear it, and say they didn't see anything.

I would completely blow up on a manager about it...especially if it's in regards to the brakes...so if something happens, and God forbids that the brakes completely stop working, you have proof that they didn't do anythong.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ghost0623

ghost0623

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Keep your phone handy and take vids when it happens and call your bank/finance company and insurance company to make them aware of the situation.

I am getting dash cam to record full time also just have to figure out the mounting so that it shows the display