Warranty on Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I recently bought a 2013 Ram with 33,500 miles on it. I was told that since my truck was previously a Canadian truck and I am in the US the warranty is not valid here. It has 35,500 miles on it now, so the bumper to bumper warranty is almost gone but the powertrain warranty would have been nice to have.

I am also having an issue with my LED map light flickering, and my Bluetooth mic that I would like to have fixed under warranty but that isn't going to happen it looks like.

Does anyone know why that is? What is the difference where it was sold originally? It is still a Ram.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I would send Ram an email and ask about the warranty and if its valid in the USA.
Email Ram

Alternatively, you can call or live chat with them instead.
Ram Trucks - Contact Us

From what I am reading with a quick Google search, it appears you are correct, and the warranties don't transfer from Canada to the United States and vice versa. Let us know when/what you hear back from Chrysler.

OP
OP
B

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would send Ram an email and ask about the warranty and if its valid in the USA.
Email Ram

Alternatively, you can call or live chat with them instead.
Ram Trucks - Contact Us

From what I am reading with a quick Google search, it appears you are correct, and the warranties don't transfer from Canada to the United States and vice versa. Let us know when/what you hear back from Chrysler.

I spoke with someone at FCA about the warranty, they told me that it doesn't transfer over. If the truck was still registered in Canada and the owner was traveling in the US they could get warranty work done here.

That sucks and I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but it what it is. So hopefully if someone else is buying a truck make sure it wasn't previously a Canadian or the warranty wouldn't be valid. Take that in to consideration when deciding what to pay for it. I knew it was a Canadian truck before I bought it by running the Vin and looking at the build sheet, just didn't realize about the warranty.

I am still happy I bought it, I felt I got a good price on it and it is a pretty sweet truck.

Jinxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer should have informed you about that when you bought it. I bought one from Canada as well. I had to sign a paper saying I knew it was originally an Canadian truck too.

OP
OP
B

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer should have informed you about that when you bought it. I bought one from Canada as well. I had to sign a paper saying I knew it was originally an Canadian truck too.

I bought it from an independent dealership, and probably didn't know either. I remember when we went in to sign papers the manager telling me that the only warranty the truck has is factory warranty. If I would have bought it from a Ram dealer they would have disclosed that, I hope.

Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf