Warranty work question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get with ram cares - Mention "maybe I should trade it in ".. .. They should be willing to help u

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get with ram cares - Mention "maybe I should trade it in ".. .. They should be willing to help u

This, start usig buzz words. Even if they aren't factual. Lemon, facebook, over 30 days, etc, etc.

Those buzzwords ( even when false ) usually get someone to help you. If " examples here ", sarah helps you, and you tell her you're going to plaster all over facebook how SARAH refused to help you, SARAH will do whatever she can to find someone to help you, because SARAH doesn't want to get blamed.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Kori from ramcares is currently helping out. She's been awesome btw. Dealer said they were working with tech support on getting the issue resolved. She's having STAR follow up. That was yesterday morning. Waiting for response.

They tore my dash apart and replaced actuator doors, second time tech sat in my truck, felt the vibration which was abnormal. He detrenched the a/c lines, third time they replaced the ac compressor. Forth time vibration still there but can't find anything wrong. We did all we can, here are your keys.

If now there saying there's nothing wrong that they can find, why would change all those parts and keep my truck for total of 17 +days? They either don't know why they're doing, or they're just hoping I'll go away. I am not going away, Not after spending 50k.

Maybe i got a lemon. Fan clutch and water pump went out at 2k miles, this vibration and popping noise from front end which they blame my leveling kit even though there is a tsb out for popping/clunking (body isolated mounts).

Alot of people tell me "you're in buy back territory and get your money back". Instead of buy back, if i could trade it in and get not ripped off, keep my current payments, won't mind starting all over, and get something similar (back into another ram) I'd do it.. I haven't talked to an attorney yet. Im just waiting for Kori to get back.

I hope they help me out. I really do. Hopefully they do something.

Because I bragged so much about ram, best friend bought a powerwagon, dad bought 1500 5.7, co worker bought 1500 sport, and I convinced a judge I work with to buy a ram rebel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey all, with help with Kori (RamCares), she was able to get a FCA Technical Advisor out inspect the vehicle. I sat with him in the truck and he felt the grinding vibration but said the manufacturer allows the truck to have a certain amount of allowable vibration. I guess there is a threshold and he was going to measure the vibration to see if it's within spec. I got a call back saying my truck was ready for pick up. The paper work stated "Vehicle is operating as designed". My buddy's powerwagon does not do this at all. You don't even feel his a/c compressor kick on. And, my truck did not do this at all!!

This grinding vibration isn't your normal vibration when the truck is on or when a/c kicks on. The grinding feels like a something spinning is either not lubed, loose or out of line. There is a noise, it's a grinding sound. It's felt through the pedals and steering wheel. Sometimes, you can feel it on the floorboard. It noticed when the truck is stationary, either stopped at a red light or idling in a parking lot.

After the dealer, I thought to myself maybe I'm being picky. I had couple of my friends sit in the driver seat. All of there response was "WTF is that?" My buddy who owns the powerwagon said "I'd be pissed if it was my truck". My dad has 1500 5.7 and his doesn't do that either.

Does anyone else's Ram 6.4 have a grinding vibration when the truck is stationary with the a/c on? The grinding happens every 10-15 seconds.

Thanks everyone.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I don't have anything like that going on with mine. Sounds like yours is really out of the ordinary....

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nothing like that in mine either. I did have an issue with my blower motor, it sounded like a bad bearing. After the dealer finally heard that, they replaced the blower motor no problem. But no vibration or anything like that. I don't know the lemon laws where you're at but as many times as you've had it in and as long as they've had it, if you haven't met the requirements yet, you've gotta be getting close. Since Chrysler doesn't seem to want to fix it or doesn't seem to be able to, lemon law it and get a new one if you can; they're not all like this.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does yours have an electric fan on the radiator? I have heard some say it causes a vibration you can feel through the wheel. Would make sense since it's there to cool the condenser while running the AC.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Update....Issue resolved (sorta)...

After going back and forth with FCA, I got a hold of an attorney. After going back and forth with FCA for a few months, they agreed to buyback my truck. So, now, it's back to looking for a new truck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn