Water?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I'm installing new door speakers in my truck and I noticed that there's some water behind the speaker in the door. I'm thinking it's not suppose to be there??

Any thoughts?

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had same thing on my passenger side door, I believe it gets in at the window seal when rolling down while its raining or window is wet. but just my theory.

OP
OP
PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So my truck has seen rain just about everyday for the last two weeks but I haven't rolled the windows down, still normal. When I say water I really just mean more moisture/damp feeling. Magnet on factory speaker had some rust on it too.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's pretty normal, doors are considered a high moisture area and if it is really bothering you i think crutchfield has baffles you can you to protect the speaker.

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
The factory seals up the drain holes at the bottom with a plastic cover but they often forget to remove them.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is true^^^^^ some times its good but I personally would just make sure holes in the bottom of door are unsealed and run them without baffles. Heck car audio stuff is supposed to be at least a little moisture resistant.

OP
OP
PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'll definately take a look. Noticed the back doors were damp too. Not too concerned after reading ya'lls post. I did catch myself this morning rolling down the windows this morning due to dew on the windows. I have to park outside........:Insane: