Water Leaking Under Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have been having some nasty rain lately and I noticed my floor liner was wet this morning on the drivers side. I pulled it up and found the carpet was soaked as well. I looked around and it looks like the water is coming in from the far left corner under the dash and running under the insulation and running right beside the parking brake bracket. The parking brake line was a little wet so I know this is where the water is contacting the carpet. I looked under the plastic vent that surrounds the lower dash area under the hood and found a giant cut out that is about 4 inches by 4 inches and it has some rust around it, so it definitely is getting wet. I was wondering if this might be where the water is coming from and if anyone has had a similar issue? It looks like a rubber piece might have sealed it at one point and no longer does. Thanks guys for the help.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Haven't seen or heard of that. I wonder if your windshield is not sealed properly?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good question, the sunroof drains route through that area. If they are, clogged the water could be traveling on the surface of the hose as opposed to through the hose.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine had a small leak from the top of the windshield if u look it just has a channel going across the whole thing. I used a windshield flowable sealant to fill it in and seal it. No more leak

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
does the windshield have any cracks in it?

OP
OP
S

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a sunroof and no cracks. The windshield doesn't even have any chips it in. I took it to the car wash today and I've got the leak pin pointed in the area where the front fender ends and starts up the pillar on the drivers side. It's either a bad seal on the body work or the windshield is leaking in the bottom drivers side corner. I think I've soaked at least a gallon of water out of the insulation today... I have an appointment at Safelite to get it tested on saturday. I'm hoping its just the windshield and they can remove, reseal, and reinstall it and call it good.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are you still under warranty?

OP
OP
S

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I only have power train left. My insurance said they might cover it. If it's soaking the carpet that bad more than likely they will cover it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I only have power train left. My insurance said they might cover it. If it's soaking the carpet that bad more than likely they will cover it.

If you're open to visiting a certified FCA dealer for diagnosis, please DM me. I'd be happy to look further into this. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

OP
OP
S

Sportmissle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to have Safelite diagnose the issue as a leaking body seal by the bottom driver side of the windshield. My job makes it difficult to take the truck in otherwise I would take it in for a full look over. They were able to coat a lot of urethane sealant over the hole to get me by, but it still may leak. Thank you for the interest in helping. This is why I will always drive Ram. Customer Service is top notch compared to Government Motors... Also, my insurance left me high and dry. I'm glad to see the scam continues....