Weather and traction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
ooooh...that sucks.

You could have some of what we've been having here!

large_eugenesnow.jpg

Is that kid in shorts???

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
coopers... as in LT all terrains?

Because OP is in a lowered truck he runs at the track.

Again.... not the same.
Never said that's the tires I was running. Mine were the ht plus. All I'm saying is I had a regular cab with added power, maybe not as much as op but mine wasn't stock, an swapping the tires helped a ton.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To clarify:

I use 4wd when I wanna get somewhere quicker when its snowing, and I don't have time to F around.

I usually like 2wd for the fun factor , + I drive like an ******* and its more becoming of my personality and the trucks :)

Though for the tires, the SRAs are actually providing great traction as my winter tires (sometimes 4wd helps), and in summer I couldn't get them to light up either without the brakes.

I can NEVER spin with less than 20% throttle. Maybe if its been snowing / raining but usually the tires stick pretty well regardless of road conditions.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Must be canadian... They don't get cold :roflsquared:
I never understood the whole "my upper body is cold but lower body is warm" thing. If your cold enough to put a jacket on you need pants too!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Must be canadian... They don't get cold :roflsquared:

Up until the age of 40 I could honestly stay out in -30 weather for hours in just shorts and a hoodie/jacket. Just last week my brother in law reminded me of the day we went tobogganing and it was in the -30 range, I spent several hours enjoying the fresh air and snow. When out and about enjoying a walk with my wife I had many many people honking their horns some doing double takes at the sight of me. Last story, while on a walk in Detroit with the little lady 2 afro Americans coming towards us crossed the road to the other side I am assuming to avoid the crazy white dude, it made us chuckle. It must be due to some of the Russian blood flowing through the veins :favorites13:

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never understood the whole "my upper body is cold but lower body is warm" thing. If your cold enough to put a jacket on you need pants too!

Ever notice the UPS guy that is always wearing a jacket and shorts???

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Up until the age of 40 I could honestly stay out in -30 weather for hours in just shorts and a hoodie/jacket. Just last week my brother in law reminded me of the day we went tobogganing and it was in the -30 range, I spent several hours enjoying the fresh air and snow. When out and about enjoying a walk with my wife I had many many people honking their horns some doing double takes at the sight of me. Last story, while on a walk in Detroit with the little lady 2 afro Americans coming towards us crossed the road to the other side I am assuming to avoid the crazy white dude, it made us chuckle. It must be due to some of the Russian blood flowing through the veins :favorites13:
Maybe your an X-men or something. Or nuts. Anything under 30 makes me wanna join the cartel just to live in Mexico in the warmth.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ever notice the UPS guy that is always wearing a jacket and shorts???
Yea and they got their door open! But in all honesty I hear some get paid around 80,000 a year just to deliver stuff an still be home every night. Working construction I go home once every 6 months so shorts in the winter would be a good trade-off.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its not all glorious and such as it may sound... its good dont get me wrong. I have a buddy that works ups close to a main hub and this last year he cleared over 120k but he is also working 12-14 hr days sometimes 7 a week jyst to keep up with the need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its not all glorious and such as it may sound... its good dont get me wrong. I have a buddy that works ups close to a main hub and this last year he cleared over 120k but he is also working 12-14 hr days sometimes 7 a week jyst to keep up with the need.

That's what I work now an I'm gone though lol when I did cell towers it was nothing to work 16 or 18 hours a day climbing 2000ft a day. An that pay sucked.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I work now an I'm gone though lol when I did cell towers it was nothing to work 16 or 18 hours a day climbing 2000ft a day. An that pay sucked.

Really? I always thought that payed well... I know my buddy is happy with UPS, they are a good company. just long hours... I used to do the same when more involved in the farm. long long days all summer and fall and take all winter off. Pay depends on the yields and price of rice in china :roflsquared:

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really? I always thought that payed well... I know my buddy is happy with UPS, they are a good company. just long hours... I used to do the same when more involved in the farm. long long days all summer and fall and take all winter off. Pay depends on the yields and price of rice in china :roflsquared:
Cell towers pay pretty low. Most hands only make around 17-20 an that's at a good company. Some of the smaller companies pay 13. I made 25.50 as a supervisor but I had alot of responsibility an still had to climb em.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, that sucks i used to charge $80-100 and hour just to draw site locations for cell tower companies to get permits from tge local planning departments.... they never had a issue with my hourly rate, the the turn over was fast and those projects werent steady enough to base a income off of... more of side jobs

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's just one of those things where if your a higher up you make bank but if your in the field your screwed. I worked for one guy who during tornado cleanup he made 480,000 profit in 2 weeks

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i see all these posts about there ram not handling the weather very well, i have no issues, i have not had my rear even come close to be wiggly back there... but again i don't beat on it either so maybe that has something to do with it. we are going to get some snow here maybe next week.. maybe that will change my mind.
^Ditto. It gets wet, I ease up on the skinny pedal. It gets dry, I mash it down again. It gets icy, I activate 4wd auto and go easy on the skinny pedal again.

I'm wondering of the oil is still coming up from the asphalt after such a long dry bake in Kalifornia--that can always make things squirrely.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm wondering of the oil is still coming up from the asphalt after such a long dry bake in Kalifornia--that can always make things squirrely.

I've wondered the same... Its funny I can mash the throttle in my office parks parking lot and it still hooks, get out on the road and nope.... its like socks on a waxed floor

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What a thread...lots of ******* contests on driver errors. My OEM tires did the job last winter. My blizzaks do the job better this winter. R/T_Fire has a red rocket for a truck. Nuff said. Pick your poison. All tires have their faults. Some more than others.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What a thread...lots of ******* contests on driver errors. My OEM tires did the job last winter. My blizzaks do the job better this winter. R/T_Fire has a red rocket for a truck. Nuff said. Pick your poison. All tires have their faults. Some more than others.

True... :roflsquared: but honestly I think its alot how they pave the roads out. Some are slicker than others all the time.