Well just got thrown a curveball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We where checking out the Fort worth area for houses, anyone have any areas to avoid? I actually have my own truck. But I dont have the permits required to be listed as a moving company for furniture. Its a bit of a grey area since it would be my own stuff. I would think i would have to up the isn. Costs which can get pricey.
Call to double check, its your own ****. And doing it for personal not business... save you money too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im gonna have to get in touch with D.o.T and dps to see if i can. Im sure i could hire movers to help me load it onto the trailer. It would be easier since the semi is paid for.... diesel fuel.is cheaper than another 60k

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol any option is cheaper than 60k, i would use your own truck or a uhaul...

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where you at? Maybe a forumy can help

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in South Texas. I won't be moving till mide 17. I will have some time to figure out what i am gonna do. Got a lot of good options and opinions so far. I feel like my wife just wants a diesel truck to drive around when im not. Lol.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I am a bit confused. Are you using the wife as an excuse to get a diesel or is she really that much of a ball breaker?

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am a bit confused. Are you using the wife as an excuse to get a diesel or is she really that much of a ball breaker?

Me too. Is there family near the two options or is it a work move? Or did she see something on tv and say "I want to live there". Off topic I know but I can't be the only one wondering.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She's going to drive your new diesel over to the guys house she met online. Lol I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because there are some unanswered questions that may get fleshed out and I'd like to hear more about your wife. Something is just off here... Lol

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm with the other guys. I'd love to go out and buy a diesel, what a good excuse lets " move "... my wife would likely , and literally, divorce me, take the kids, empty the accounts, then laugh as I drive HER car to my new apartment.

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol my wife really is a ball breaker. She was mad at me for not buying a diesel when i bought my 1500. Yes we have a lot of family in NY. We also have some in Dallas. If we where to move to Dallas, i would receive roughly a 30k a year raise thru my day job. (I do moonlighting on the side on the weekends)

A lot of this move has become more of the whole idea of myself making more. As she would also be making a whole lot more than me believe it or not.

The wife well, when she wants somthing she just goes and gets it and then i come home and find a whole lot of new **** that we dont need or will never use.

As far as her meeting men online that would be funny.... Good thing she signed the pre nup. Also i have no kids, none for her to take away lmao.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paying movers $5K is going to be *way* cheaper than any truck sale/lease/purchase transaction. Moving sucks but there's no reason you need to take it in the shorts on your truck, too.

You can get good movers in just about any city from UHaul (loading, unloading, truck driving, etc.) based on the user reviews. I've moved 7 times in the last 5 years and never gotten screwed over by a 5-star reviewed company off of UHaul's website. Obviously, it only counts if they have over 100 reviews and kept their 5-star rating.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
This is the tight *** in me talking but I'm not going to spend 60k on a truck even if that truck was my living :roflsquared:

side story, we just bought a house and moved a few weeks ago. Made 3 trips with my truck hauling big stuff and hauled 6 trips worth of boxes in the '00 Mitsubishi Montero Sport(blazer/explorer sized suv). When I hauled a borrowed extension ladder over to the apartment to take down the internet receiver myself because I didn't want to pay the $30 trip charge to have the company take it down, I used the Mitsubishi as well :roflsquared:

It might take longer but you can do it way cheaper than 60k :happy107:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
op, i just have a huge garage sale. then whatever doesnt fit in your current truck, goes in the trash.

MGBDG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're underwater on trade and a 30' trailer is God knows how much, it makes more sense to pay the movers, or rent a big ass Penske truck?

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like he is "reluctant" to get a cummins... if you know what I mean hahahahahahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Mike62

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMO - I would never move to NY or IL.
When we bought our first house my wife wanted to move to IL, I told her there is no way I would move to IL. And we didn't.
If you trade your truck, (which I see no reason to) then besides the initial loss, you will be stuck with the payments for a truck you don't really want only because of what she wanted not you.
Mike