Well just got thrown a curveball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DIDnt read all the messages cause im fallen alseep here......Maybe make a compromise or say no YOUR not loosin a crap load of money on a truck switch for a moveing truck cause then what..Are you gonna have use and room for a 30ft trl and do you really want a big diesel truck????
ORRRRR

Fork out the $ for movers.....See whats gonna cost the FAMILY less in the long run....

Now im goin to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read thru some of it and I would def try to compromise and get a moving truck over getting stuck with a bigger payment for years to come if you can.

On another note whichever state you go to i am jealous lol. I want out of cali BAD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck with this year for you guys btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't read it all because this ***** crazy. How much does the wife make??? Is she buying the Cummins?? If so trade for the cummins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyler Cooke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not rent a moving truck like uhaul or penski and haul/pack yourself ?

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
c742d87baa6dc945b4ca9b7d9894c9a9.jpg

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just moved out of the DFW area back up here. I dont ever plan on moving back, there are waaayyy too many people and the traffic makes me want to drown kittens. But on the other hand, you would have to drug me, get me on a plane and shove me out at 35,000 feet to get me anywhere near NY. **** that.

Like most big cities, stay away from the interior of them. Especially Irving. Trust me. Any area near the center that isnt "rough" costs an exorbitant amount of money. I dont know a whooole lot about Fort Worth but its a lot quieter that Dallas. Not sure what your price range is but Keller is very nice. Thats where I was. Right on the dividing line of DandFW.

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this thread is really confusing to me, but I'll try to offer some advice. First, DFW is pretty awesome. There is no shortage of stuff to do with the Cowboys, Rangers, etc. My wife works in Dallas and I work in Fort Worth, so we bought a house right in the middle in South Arlington/Mansfield. When we moved into the house, we were coming out of a 3 story townhouse on the other side of town, so what I did was rent the 12ft Uhaul trailer for like $20/day and filled it twice with stuff and took it over to the house myself. This was mostly like kitchen boxes and clothes. Then the next weekend, I rented a Uhaul box truck and hired movers through their website. You go on, pick the size truck you want, and then at check out it asks if you need help. You can go pick your moving company and they send people out to help load and then you can pick another for your destination to unload if needed. I got a 20FT (I think) truck and two guys for three hours. I drove the truck, they carried all of my heavy **** down from the 3rd floor and loaded, and then carried it into my new house. Total cost was like $300 including tipping them.

If you're moving from South Texas to DFW I recommend doing it that way. Hell, even if you move to NY or whatever do it that way and save yourself some money on the trade/buying a trailer. South Texas--> DFW I bet you'd be around $500 total with the truck rental and movers if you even want the help.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
So this thread is really confusing to me, but I'll try to offer some advice. First, DFW is pretty awesome. There is no shortage of stuff to do with the Cowboys, Rangers, etc. My wife works in Dallas and I work in Fort Worth, so we bought a house right in the middle in South Arlington/Mansfield. When we moved into the house, we were coming out of a 3 story townhouse on the other side of town, so what I did was rent the 12ft Uhaul trailer for like $20/day and filled it twice with stuff and took it over to the house myself. This was mostly like kitchen boxes and clothes. Then the next weekend, I rented a Uhaul box truck and hired movers through their website. You go on, pick the size truck you want, and then at check out it asks if you need help. You can go pick your moving company and they send people out to help load and then you can pick another for your destination to unload if needed. I got a 20FT (I think) truck and two guys for three hours. I drove the truck, they carried all of my heavy **** down from the 3rd floor and loaded, and then carried it into my new house. Total cost was like $300 including tipping them.

If you're moving from South Texas to DFW I recommend doing it that way. Hell, even if you move to NY or whatever do it that way and save yourself some money on the trade/buying a trailer. South Texas--> DFW I bet you'd be around $500 total with the truck rental and movers if you even want the help.

Good info on hiring the help through Uhaul. Do they take any responsibility if the guys are lazy or you get murdered?

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good info on hiring the help through Uhaul. Do they take any responsibility if the guys are lazy or you get murdered?

Sort of. They have a "safe move" guarantee. Basically, you get a payment code and the movers don't get paid until you release it to them after everything is done. And it isn't two random dudes, it'll show you every company registered with the site and their reviews and price. There is everything from pro companies to church groups just looking for fundraising and the prices vary accordingly.

I tried to pick one in the middle price range, so it was $150 for two guys for three hours, and I tipped each $50 after I confirmed that nothing got destroyed. Easiest move of my life.

Chigurh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant imagine the long term prospects of living in NY state could be cheap, the place is run by communists on Manhattan and Long Island. You might want to crunch the numbers, unless her job is going to pay a whole lot more moving to Dallas may be the best, most realistic option. It's getting more expensive their but that's in part because people are fleeing places like New York, Illinois and California where quality of living is marginal and taxes are exorbitant. Does a buddy have a trailer you could borrow? Some beer and BBQ to friends may get you a moving crew, teenage nephews or cousins with a work ethic can be useful.

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Haha. True story. I have hired movers off of Craigslist 3 times for 40% of what the moving companies quoted me. My **** was never stolen or out of my sight the whole time.

I lived to tell the tale. Maybe you can too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Haha. True story. I have hired movers off of Craigslist 3 times for 40% of what the moving companies quoted me. My **** was never stolen or out of my sight the whole time.

I lived to tell the tale. Maybe you can too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nothing to worry about with an equalizer in your caliber of choice :favorites13:

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I know i will lose my ass in trade. I looked at a dealership and they offered 30k for my truck for trade in which is me losing my ass.

Need some guidence here. Help!!!!

I'll give you some guidance... if you can afford to dump a new truck for a new, higher end, more expensive truck and a 30' trailer, than you can afford to pay $12K to move to New York.

On the other hand, if you just want to dump your new truck on a newer truck... do whatever you want.