What is with all the dang Noises?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1NastyHemi13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just me or are these trucks home to endless rattles and sounds..... what the heck! With windows down they rattle or something in the doors rattle? Very annoying..... Bed sounds like its gonna fall off when going over very rough pop holed roads. Center console rattles all over place as well! its ridiculous. Are there any fixes to these noises. Makes me feel like I have a junky truck :( I love it other then all the noises it makes. seems a bit much. especially for being a new truck... :(

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If it bothers you, cure one at a time. I had a squeaky door once, and it bugged me for a year. I just tightened one bolt in the door panel and it was gone. My 2010 is pretty much squeak free.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck shouldn't rattle. Mine doesn't. I'd take it to the dealer with a list for them to fix.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have an annoying rattle inside my dash on rough roads only, must have something to do with bajaing it during antelope season. :gunner:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've got almost 100,000 kms on my 2011 now. I have had a rattle in my dash since about 50,000. It's off and on, sometimes it's a couple months before I hear it, others it's every day. The dealer said it was the clips holding the AC line. It sounds like a buzzing noise. I think my loud exhaust vibrating doesn't help it either though. The dealer was never able to stop it, but he did make it a lot better than it used to be. I have noticed other rattles from the door and seat belt holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of my doors rattled like crazy. The screw behind the handle was loose. Tightened it up and now it's pretty quiet. I hope to install some sound deadening in the doors this weekend to make it even quieter.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Is it just me or are these trucks home to endless rattles and sounds..... what the heck! With windows down they rattle or something in the doors rattle? Very annoying..... Bed sounds like its gonna fall off when going over very rough pop holed roads. Center console rattles all over place as well! its ridiculous. Are there any fixes to these noises. Makes me feel like I have a junky truck :( I love it other then all the noises it makes. seems a bit much. especially for being a new truck... :(
I have not rattles. I have one door hinge to grease after a long winter of salt and snow. :redxhitrf7:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way I fix my rattles and squeaks, is I hit the right pedal and drown them out with the: intake gulping air sound, headers shreaking sound, and magnaflow deep rumble sound!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still surprised at the build quality; not one rattle or squeak from our '12.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Mine was fine until I took it too the dealer to have the HVAC recall work done now I have a rattle somewhere behind where the gauges are. And what do you know, I get it back with two bolts laying on the floor. Bring it back and they put them back in(so they say). Still have the rattle though.:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Anybody have a write on taking a part the dash. I've done center console and center bezel around the stereo, ac stuff but not around the drivers area.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ What a joke; you ****** well know what they did with the bolts. (garbage)
:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just hit 15,000 miles on my '12 & there's a rattle around the RF door that's driving me freakin nuts. Goes along with the whine from the tranny lines that has never gone away.

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just hit 15,000 miles on my '12 & there's a rattle around the RF door that's driving me freakin nuts. Goes along with the whine from the tranny lines that has never gone away.

Check the screw behind the door handle. Mine was loose causing a lot of rattle. Tightened it up and the noise is gone.

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found my noise!! The big bolt on the bottom of the splash guard backed itself out. Easy enough fix to cure the rattle,but the paint behind is destroyed.

SgtK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a small rattle on passenger side I can pin point yet.