What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great - thanks for clarifying! I'm definitely planning to do this... I have the adjustable links ready to go, so I just need the Daystar spacer kit.

By the way I assume you didn't need to trim back the strut bolts to screw the spacer extension bolts all the way down, correct?

No trimming at all. I just tightened them until I could anymore and everything went together fine. Couple of tips. Just remove the whole UCA that way you don't have to mess with the ball joint. Also I recommend removing the UCA bolts last. It'll keep everything "in place" until you are ready to drop the strut. Be careful of the passenger side ABS sensor and once you remove the caliper just remove the rotor as well to keep it safe.

Reactions: DVC

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also want to do the link mod/spacers too. What all did you buy? Seems easy enough to install the spacers.
Buy 3 3/4" links from linksforram.com or make your own. Then buy the Daystar 2.5" level kit KC09113BK. It'll say it doesn't work with the air ride but it does. I ordered mine from Summit Racing. Was $100 and got here in a day with the normal shipping.

I can help you install if you'd like but it really is super easy.

Caliper - 21mm socket - 130 ft/lbs
Air line - 12mm wrench
UCA - 18mm socket and 21mm wrench - 120 ft/lbs
Tie Rod - 21mm wrench and 10mm socket - 45 ft/lbs
Sway bar - 15mm and 16mm wrench
lower strut bolt - 24mm socket and 21mm socket - 155ft/lbs
upper strut bolt - 15mm socket

bolt extenders - 5/8ths wrench
new strut bolts - 17mm - 45 ft/lbs

Last edited:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buy 3 3/4" links from linksforram.com or make your own. Then buy the Daystar 2.5" level kit KC09113BK. It'll say it doesn't work with the air ride but it does. I ordered mine from Summit Racing. Was $100 and got here in a day with the normal shipping.

I can help you install if you'd like but it really is super easy.

Caliper - 21mm socket - 130 ft/lbs
Air line - 12mm wrench
UCA - 18mm socket and 21mm wrench - 120 ft/lbs
Tie Rod - 21mm wrench and 10mm socket - 45 ft/lbs
Sway bar - 15mm and 16mm wrench
lower strut bolt - 24mm socket and 21mm socket - 155ft/lbs
upper strut bolt - 15mm socket

bolt extenders - 5/8ths wrench
new strut bolts - 17mm - 45 ft/lbs

Thanks dude. I'll probably be doing this after I drive it to Michigan this June. That and some exhaust, and maybe wheel spacers.

So how much lift did you get total?

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks dude. I'll probably be doing this after I drive it to Michigan this June. That and some exhaust, and maybe wheel spacers.

So how much lift did you get total?

That's hard to say. I was running just the links first and I believe that gave me about 1 1/4". I then added 35s which gave me another inch. The leveling kit did give me 3/4" on top of that. So while not scientific I believe I got 2" out of the links and spacers and then another inch from the tires. It sits 40" all around from the center of the tire (on the ground) to the bottom of the fender.. So if you measure from stock you'll get a better answer.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
View attachment 125986RAM_THL.jpgRAM_New Handles2.jpg

RAM_New Handles.jpg

HPBL.jpg

Added Chrome handle covers and RAM hitch cover brake light I think she's looking pretty good. A lot better than the day I brought her home!

Last edited:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, driving up from Atlanta this morning and came across a Charger Hellcat, we decided to have a little fun. We both hit it as hard as we could. He disappeared and I got stuck at 106......UGHHH. It wasn't even close... How do I get the limiter removed?

View attachment 125966

Tuner should let you remove the limiter

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's hard to say. I was running just the links first and I believe that gave me about 1 1/4". I then added 35s which gave me another inch. The leveling kit did give me 3/4" on top of that. So while not scientific I believe I got 2" out of the links and spacers and then another inch from the tires. It sits 40" all around from the center of the tire (on the ground) to the bottom of the fender.. So if you measure from stock you'll get a better answer.

So that's just 2" up front? Level is what I want but I wouldn't mind a little lift in the rear as well.. But maybe 35s would give me what I want.

Danny Roberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So that's just 2" up front? Level is what I want but I wouldn't mind a little lift in the rear as well.. But maybe 35s would give me what I want.

Yeah it's all up front minus the tires. Here is what I am currently thinking. Since a 2.5" level kit makes the ride better than stock (at least in perception) then that means there's room to use adjustable links to get more height. I don't know if the rear spacers will work but if they do then you could use adjustable links on the rear as well. With the right tweaking you could get an additional inch and still keep a factory ride.

This is all speculative so enter at your own risk.

I wish I knew what the stock ride height was front and rear. I supposed I could swap my links and find out. I knew I should have written it down.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it's all up front minus the tires. Here is what I am currently thinking. Since a 2.5" level kit makes the ride better than stock (at least in perception) then that means there's room to use adjustable links to get more height. I don't know if the rear spacers will work but if they do then you could use adjustable links on the rear as well. With the right tweaking you could get an additional inch and still keep a factory ride.

This is all speculative so enter at your own risk.

I wish I knew what the stock ride height was front and rear. I supposed I could swap my links and find out. I knew I should have written it down.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/rebel-rims-vs-17x9-5.118933/

Let me know what you think of my question here