What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See! I knew it!! Sport plus ALWAYS is the “hold the **** on” option lol. Is this in the same category as tuners when it comes to warranty? In Canada they are brutal with this stuff and warranty work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but from understanding it leaves no trace if removed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

that's how I understand it too. just unplug it. no permanent wires or anything.

Me 4. All this thing does is just modify the input signal coming from your throttle pedal to the computer and probably only just adds more or less resistance to the signal depending on which setting you have the PC on and doesn’t reflash the PCM.

The only thing you might get as far as trace, that could look suspicious to Mopar’s computer diagnostics is how much of a record all that stuff keeps whenever a trouble code on your truck is triggered, irregardless what it is. My ‘18 a couple times has thrown the ETC(Electronic Throttle Control) code from changing the setting a few times. My truck has been picky a couple of times even when just sitting there with the motor running, in park and no throttle input. It’s no biggie for me when it does it, I just whip out my Bosch code reader and erase the code but I just don’t know if the code reader completely erases the codes. Hell for all I know, whenever the next time comes up to where I need them to plug their imputes up to my truck, they might be wondering why I’ve had like 5 different occasions or the ETC fault code. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well let's see... "relocated" the aux port, mounted the bass knobs, and added a wireless charger on/ in the phone mount
69ffa119d282c6f6a70864cbfc4473ea.jpg
aa747f0c9ef5aaafe6e9734c0a4c478d.jpg
b2c5b39439176337941b7b027fc5f318.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey, that’s cool. I never thought about putting the bass control for my subwoofer box where you did. I just put mine down on the right side kick panel, just to the right of the throttle pedal.

I like that AUX cord relocation too. That would be a quick addition to my list if I actually used that thing. Lol.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I don't have a bass knob (yet) but my thought was to put it on the console just in front of the 4x4 controls.

casper1102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, that’s cool. I never thought about putting the bass control for my subwoofer box where you did. I just put mine down on the right side kick panel, just to the right of the throttle pedal.

I like that AUX cord relocation too. That would be a quick addition to my list if I actually used that thing. Lol.

I rarely use my aux cord, but when I do, I don't want to "dig" for the location.... also helps if a buddy has a song on their phone so I don't have to pair it..... assuming of course they have a "real" smartphone and not just an iphone (without a 3.5mm jack) lol

casper1102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have a bass knob (yet) but my thought was to put it on the console just in front of the 4x4 controls.

I was going to go with that location too but you never know when you may need to go "back to factory" trading etc... I figured it wouldn't matter with the aux port though as it's more of a convenience thing

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I thought about that location too, I just wanted mine outta sight, outta mind, especially if I made change to the sound system or so, and wouldn’t have an unsightly empty hole there left behind.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
lol... and you can't take it with you. I'm just under a year of ownership, and I've spent close to $4500 on "stuff"-- it's all in my signature. An audio system isn't a high priority just yet.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gave mine a bubble bath, waxed it and full detail front to back and underneath, 6 hours non stop. Had to get it ready for the big Lone Star Mopar Fest this weekend. It was filthy, I haven’t washed it in almost 2 months with all this rain.

B4B329E8-90E2-4702-87CF-42E4089541EB.jpeg

9B11BE95-D48A-490C-AB6A-90F3152EBA1D.jpeg

084CD182-60BD-437F-B4CA-7D7A285A7C8A.jpeg

C2329E26-A80D-4BB8-9B6A-1EAB2C9877BD.jpeg

04F17690-E900-4B0B-9F9D-20BD8B15695C.jpeg

Joe B

U.S. Navy Chief
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.4L
Condensation in my headlight showed back up in full force today.... so I think I'll find another one for 200 from a junk yard like i did the passenger side. then I don't have to replace the LED switchbacks.

Also, got my sub in, and put it in the box under the seat. Now I just need cab speakers, sub amp, and the wiring to install everything. Since I got the RF sub, i'll be getting their 500x1 class bd amp to push it.

I also have a slew of stuff on order.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8A3B0829-C20F-4958-836F-01EB62FD6FAE.jpeg I was around town looking for those little silica gel packs for my headlight condensation issue. All I could find were little tiny ones but then I found this at an atv marine shop. Guy told me that customers use it in their boats over the winter to keep moisture out.
I got some simple cheese cloth and made my own bigger bags to stuff in my headlights. So far it works great. No more moisture after 3-4 car washes and driving in heavy rain.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
On a scale of 1-10, how much louder over stock is it now like, when you’re just cruising and not really gettin’ on it like a rat on a Cheeto? Do you have your MDS turned off?

I can’t speak for his but my 40 series when cruising slow in all 8 it’s quiet. When it drops to 4 it sounds ridiculous and almost like a diesel. If you’re on flat land and cruising but it doesn’t activate MDS for whatever reason it nice and quiet. Very subtle. When starting cold it’s a little bit on the loud side till it revs down. But a nice smooth rumble at idle. Like a low bass burbling noise.

On a scale of 1-10 I’d honestly say my exhaust is an 8 to people outside your truck. On the inside while hard acceleration it sound like a smooth roar. I notice on mine around 1600 RPM I get a drone. Outside of that rpm range it’s enjoyable, addictive and enjoyable lol.

I can’t listen to a V8 on a stock exhaust. That’s my stance on it ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was around town looking for those little silica gel packs for my headlight condensation issue. All I could find were little tiny ones but then I found this at an atv marine shop. Guy told me that customers use it in their boats over the winter to keep moisture out.
I got some simple cheese cloth and made my own bigger bags to stuff in my headlights. So far it works great. No more moisture after 3-4 car washes and driving in heavy rain.

Everyone goes looking for the little packets to buy up while all I do is goto the local Vans Shoe outlet store and raid boxes. ;)

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Pulled the rear door cards off and found out I got lucky and didn't blow one of the speakers, all I did was caused the door inspection baffles to pop loose and one was rattling. Put them back in and glued some foam squares on the outsides that the door cards rest against to keep it from happening again.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everyone goes looking for the little packets to buy up while all I do is goto the local Vans Shoe outlet store and raid boxes. ;)
Funny you should say that. I did the exact same thing and got like 20 of them but then I thinking I wanted something a little bigger and all in one bag, not a bunch of little bags

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Funny you should say that. I did the exact same thing and got like 20 of them but then I thinking I wanted something a little bigger and all in one bag, not a bunch of little bags

I'm just smiling is all. It's a great idea since most part stores have some sort of the stuff.