What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Got a buddy that works at a custom exhaust shop, he got them for me. They are the nicest tips I have ever seen for the Ram trucks. I had to have a set. I can get more, do you think anyone here will want a pair?

The only bad thing is that I could not get them in black powder coat. I do have a connection to get them finished in black powder coat but I need to do a few sets to make it worth the cost.

If anyone is interested in a set of black powder coated exhaust tips please PM me right away. Am looking into doing a few sets at one time.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I cleaned wheels, then rotated them. About 6k miles on the new setup. Then I slid the truck along the basketball hoop pole:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. I apparently can't have a nice truck.
Ouch

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hitch step w/ custom brake light

VPCBNBQ.jpg

side window graphics

4UUPeAl.jpg

Need a write up and links on that hitch step. Very cool!!

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Been *astoundingly* busy. Just got back from a long business trip. Got home, went to reload some firewood, put a f$#@ing dent in the front driver's side fender (a small one sorta visible in the pic below).

Good news is, it won't snow until February. Bad news is, rainy season means I can't fix all that much until next year.

Top it off? Check Engine light appeared, and MDS/"Eco" disappeared on my way home Tuesday... engine still runs fine, no codes, all temps/pressures just fine, but I got an appointment at the dealership Monday morning - they can get the tailgate recall done while it's there.

So... miss me? :)

truck-black-friday.jpg

Last edited:

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So in the last week, I installed new step bars (Tyger Riser) along with using the OEM step-bar install kit (the nutserts) rather than the cheap chinese mounting hardware. I also swapped the map lights/footwell lights to LED bulbs (happened to have a few kicking around from when I owned my '13 Ram!), installed my Weathertech Window Vents and No Drill Mudflaps, swapped all the bulbs on the front of the truck to Philips X-tremeVision halogens (high/low/fogs). Finally, I put some switchback LEDs in the turn signal location (ClaraLux bulbs I'd gotten for my F150). I had to go into AlfaOBD and set the parking/turn lamps to LED to eliminate the fast-flash on the dash, but that worked perfectly. If only I could use them as DRLs when they're WHITE (setting the DRL location to the turn signals lights them up, but Amber). But they work as expected, and actually better than they did in the F150 (they'd flash normally most of the time, but sometimes they'd stutter when in amber turn mode on the Ford. Weird).

Now I'm waiting for some more goodies from Amazon (LED festoon bulb for the rear light, Mopar trailer brake control kit, C-Bar LED Tail lights, gasket material for the CHMSL).

The real fun has been the weather; I finished the step bar install on Thanksgiving Eve at about 10:30 pm, and it was about 15 degrees by then! Ugh!

Anyway, everyone likes pics, so here's a few...and yes, the truck is salty/dirty; but we've been stuck in January-like temps, so washing it isn't in the cards just now!

20181122_163233.jpg

20181122_163404.jpg

20181122_163325.jpg

20181124_144116.jpg

20181124_144125.jpg

Last edited:

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
A couple more pics: here's what the lighting looks like with the Philips bulbs/switchback turn signals. The Philips halogens are a lot whiter (and brighter at night!) than the Sylvania stock bulbs...but I'm likely going to convert to all LED up front soon.

Oh yeah: I installed the door latch covers from Wish.com ($5!!) since they finally arrived (and we got a 40 degree day!)!

20181124_161514.jpg

20181124_144131.jpg

Last edited:

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
A couple more pics: here's what the lighting looks like with the Philips bulbs/switchback turn signals. The Philips halogens are a lot whiter (and brighter at night!) than the Sylvania stock bulbs...but I'm likely going to convert to all LED up front soon.

Oh yeah: I installed the door latch covers from Wish.com ($5!!) since they finally arrived (and we got a 40 degree day!)!

View attachment 147384

View attachment 147385

Like that door guard!

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
how are you liking the spyder lights? I busted a tail light, so now I want to explore my options.

I have no complaints so far and its been 6 months. I added LED reverse bulbs and had to put in load resistors to cancel the error message but thats no fault of the spyder tails

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
did you have the LED or incandescent version stock?

atc250r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have no complaints so far and its been 6 months. I added LED reverse bulbs and had to put in load resistors to cancel the error message but thats no fault of the spyder tails

I got a set of Spyder tails for $100 on FB Marketplace the other day. Maybe mine were an oddball set but in one housing I found one resistor where both leads totally broke off the circuit board and another that was hanging on my just one. Since the leads broke near the circuit board they were too short to reach it and be soldered back in place. I ended up putting a bead of solder between all the leads then wrapping the 4 packs of resistors with a couple of zip ties to hopefully avoid it happening again. Now that I've soldered the resistors they seem to be working well. I also installed a set of LUYED LED reverse light bulbs from Amazon a few weeks ago and they haven't given me any errors thus far.

20181123_183512.jpg

atc250r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did a few things this week on the 2015 Express I bought last month. First, a buddy of mine gave me a tri-fold tonneau cover he had in his shop from a Ram he traded in a couple of years ago. I also added a set of Spyder LED tails and DDM LED low beams. Although I've been a customer of DDM for close to 10 years I think this was my last purchase. It took 3 weeks for the bulbs to arrive and their only response to my complaint was to say next time I should send them a message asking my item be shipped from in the US immediately after placing my order. WTF?

20181125_164552.jpg 20181125_164503 (1).jpg 20181125_164657.jpg