What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed headlight revolution 1000 lumen reverse led bulb on my 16 Rebel. Now I can see much better in the backup cam.

The I finally made the switch to Redline 5w30. (Was running PUP 5w20 for the 40k life of the truck)

Also spent an obnoxious amount of time reading reviews and topics here on Vararam Air Grabber vs S&B intakes. Like the look of Vararam but I live outside Chicago and the truck is my daily driver. I also work in healthcare and am on call 1/3 of the month and have to drive in any and all weather at all times of day. Therefore I’ve been researching how some have no issues with the Vararam in snow and a few have had some issues.... Love the internet for the ability to research these things but I almost am ocd about it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Picked up a 10”sub/amp/box combo from a local seller. Just gotta pick up an amp kit and hopefully all goes to plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just had the alignment done, feels 10 times better. Better view of the valve bracket for helper bags!
3ea34aa132cbd60e7fd60270f721e829.jpg
eff0d57bc26fd8cd401c39805fe913f0.jpg
9bcbf52f59e8b365399e76c998652e14.jpg
78fb718c964a15cec35288c2b65b3020.jpg
5f015b1cc763f5d87250f17e2677048a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Love your truck good thought on where to put the valve bracket.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my yearly inspection sticker this morning.

What a ******* scam that is. Pay 35 bucks every year to have someone inspect your vehicle. ESPECIALLY on a newer model vehicle. Government at it's finest. Take as much money as you can form the working American. Stupid.

Its for saftey. You woukd be surprised how many people drive around with bald tires and bad balljoints and tie rods. When i went to college at Florida state, my car insuransce went up 50% because of this.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just had the alignment done, feels 10 times better. Better view of the valve bracket for helper bags!
3ea34aa132cbd60e7fd60270f721e829.jpg
eff0d57bc26fd8cd401c39805fe913f0.jpg
9bcbf52f59e8b365399e76c998652e14.jpg
78fb718c964a15cec35288c2b65b3020.jpg
5f015b1cc763f5d87250f17e2677048a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I mounted my valves in the licence plate bracket,looks a little cleaner,and keeps them up out of the way where you're not so likely to rip them out. The top licence plate bolts are easily drilled out to fit the valves,and with black caps on them,they are virtually invisible,you have to know what you're looking for to actually spot them.You did a nice job on the bracket,but it does hang down where it could be easily damaged,especially the air lines. My buddy mounted his inside the fuel filler door on his truck,which is another easily accessable /well protected area to mount the air valves

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I drove it for the first time in three months. It was still fun as it was before! It ticked like a time bomb for 30 seconds after start up and had 2 slightly low tires. If they don't salt the crap out of the roads in the near future I might get it out again before spring.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not at work AND it wasn't raining, which has been a rare combination this fall. We seem to have a lot of rainy weekends....

Anyway, I used the opportunity to start my annual December purge of junk in my house and garage. I broke down all the Amazon boxes for recycling, then I went around my garage and just tossed things that I don't use, don't need and are just taking up space. Like say the bin from the Ram dash that I replaced with the 2nd glovebox door, or the bits of plastic that I took off the fenders to replace with mud flaps. Like the worn out door mat that I replaced in October and the old one doesn't fit in the regular trash bin. That sort of thing.

This all goes into the bed of the truck over the holidays and the tonneau keeps it dry. I expect another round after Christmas before I take it all down to the transfer station. We don't actually go to a dump in King County, instead we go to an intermediate "transfer station". They take hazardous waste (so I'll bring some fluorescent bulbs that burned out six months ago), they take recycling, metal waste, yard waste, etc. $24.25 minimum charge gives you 320 pounds, so it's not worth going until you have at least that. $144.34 a ton.

Oh, and DO NOT arrive with an unsecured load. We had a terrible incident fifteen years ago on I405 where a woman was horribly injured from a piece of plywood flying off a truck and going through her windshield, so King County passed "Maria's Law" that made penalties much harsher. If your load falls out and injures someone, it's a misdemeanor with up to $5000 fine and a year in jail. The county police are known to just sit on the road into the transfer station and hand out $228 tickets for unsecured loads. Even if they aren't there, then if the cashier thinks your load isn't secure enough you get a $25 extra charge.

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm not at work AND it wasn't raining, which has been a rare combination this fall. We seem to have a lot of rainy weekends....

Anyway, I used the opportunity to start my annual December purge of junk in my house and garage. I broke down all the Amazon boxes for recycling, then I went around my garage and just tossed things that I don't use, don't need and are just taking up space. Like say the bin from the Ram dash that I replaced with the 2nd glovebox door, or the bits of plastic that I took off the fenders to replace with mud flaps. Like the worn out door mat that I replaced in October and the old one doesn't fit in the regular trash bin. That sort of thing.

This all goes into the bed of the truck over the holidays and the tonneau keeps it dry. I expect another round after Christmas before I take it all down to the transfer station. We don't actually go to a dump in King County, instead we go to an intermediate "transfer station". They take hazardous waste (so I'll bring some fluorescent bulbs that burned out six months ago), they take recycling, metal waste, yard waste, etc. $24.25 minimum charge gives you 320 pounds, so it's not worth going until you have at least that. $144.34 a ton.

Oh, and DO NOT arrive with an unsecured load. We had a terrible incident fifteen years ago on I405 where a woman was horribly injured from a piece of plywood flying off a truck and going through her windshield, so King County passed "Maria's Law" that made penalties much harsher. If your load falls out and injures someone, it's a misdemeanor with up to $5000 fine and a year in jail. The county police are known to just sit on the road into the transfer station and hand out $228 tickets for unsecured loads. Even if they aren't there, then if the cashier thinks your load isn't secure enough you get a $25 extra charge.

Damn.. Our equivalent place here is $20/ton. Extra charge for CRT TVs and mattresses, household electronics free. No hazmats. Hazmats are a once a year event, $5 fee. Something that's cheaper in NY than elsewhere... I am astounded!

-K

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn.. Our equivalent place here is $20/ton. Extra charge for CRT TVs and mattresses, household electronics free. No hazmats. Hazmats are a once a year event, $5 fee. Something that's cheaper in NY than elsewhere... I am astounded!

-K
Yeah recycling is all free but landfill is expensive. CRTs are very hard to get rid of; there’s like one place that will take them. Mattresses and appliances are pretty easy and so is yard waste. Construction debris needs to be “clean” as in no drywall or fiberglass and the like. Nothing that blows in the air.

About 10 years ago we had new neighbors move in next door from Philadelphia. The first week they set out on the curb an old desk, a mattress, lots of moving-related debris along with the gray garbage can and blue recycling can issued to them by the city's garbage contractor. I was amused when they were utterly surprised that everything other than the cans were ignored. Basically the basic rate includes your gray garbage can(small, medium, large based on $$ you pay monthly) and 10 units of yard waste twice a month (the large green bin is 3 units, you get up to 7 bags extra), and then all the recycling is free. They will never pick up anything like a desk or mattress or the like.

Last edited:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah recycling is all free but landfill is expensive. CRTs are very hard to get rid of; there’s like one place that will take them. Mattresses and appliances are pretty easy and so is yard waste. Construction debris needs to be “clean” as in no drywall or fiberglass and the like. Nothing that blows in the air.

About 10 years ago we had new neighbors move in next door from Philadelphia. The first week they set out on the curb an old desk, a mattress, lots of moving-related debris along with the gray garbage can and blue recycling can issued to them by the city's garbage contractor. I was amused when they were utterly surprised that everything other than the cans were ignored. Basically the basic rate includes your gray garbage can(small, medium, large based on $$ you pay monthly) and 10 units of yard waste twice a month (the large green bin is 3 units, you get up to 7 bags extra), and then all the recycling is free. They will never pick up anything like a desk or mattress or the like.

They take whatever I put out here....They prefer that you leave the dead bodies on top of your pile so they can hide them under the trash.
Transfer station takes whatever we bring as well.
For about $6 I can bring my fully loaded 6X12 utility trailer in and they will unload it for me....Yeah, They actually have guys there to unload your **** for you.

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Got fuel last night so I can head back to Kansas this morning at $2.75 a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk