What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I honestly didn't measure it, but I got the same amount of level that I did with Bils on my '11.

The suspension raised once when I put them on, and functions exactly like it did before. It goes into Aero, lowers to entry, OR 1&2, everything is the same, only level. I don't think it's stressing the system much at all.
How long have you been running them? Curious if they are good for long term. Also are you running 35's? If so what brand/type and does it affect your ride comfort?

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long have you been running them? Curious if they are good for long term. Also are you running 35's? If so what brand/type and does it affect your ride comfort?

I've got about 12k running the leveling links. No issues at all. I'm running 285/65R20. They're just shy of 34". I wanted the height, but not the width.
I run BFG KO/2s. I think they ride great, and I drive around 30k a year.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Got my rock sliders installed, thanks Revitmoto :)
46622121674_97b13b7587_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47292735352_9afd5d69a7_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47292735442_884b5c5830_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

47292735252_64de70bbce_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr
I'm gonna need to see one of your fully informative write ups on these. Especially since, ya know, I need some [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I guess all of us have much different ideas and opinions even it comes to ride quality but the BFG KO/2’s I had in the stock 20-inch rim size were only even an 8/ply, and they rode way too rough for my liking. Rode so damn bad I ended up cutting my losses on them less than a year after I bought them and sold them after buying a set of Michelin Defenders to replace them. I can only imagine what those that Dice is running being nearly a 35. Those are probably a 10/ply. And yes, I have the air suspension also.

As far as whether or not those leveling rod extenders will ever give you fits, I can’t say that. And as far as whether or not you’ll like the ride from a 35 inch tall tire, I can’t say that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna need to see one of your fully informative write ups on these. Especially since, ya know, I need some [emoji16]

I can tell you it's a ****** to line them fackers up to drill the holes, mostly because of the clearance between the frame and the rocker panel, i didn't have a drill small enough to fit in there so Lowes came to the rescue one more time. Bought one of those combo drill packages in this case from Bosch drill and impact drill cordless, and Revit told me he did drill the holes at 5/16 then tap to 3/8.
I made 24 pilot holes, then drill to 5/16, then did the tap to 3/8, fun 40F day while laying on my back without a big jacket but that's on me :) i know it doesn't sound chill enough since you guys are freezing right now but i was just trying to finish quickly and you know the story... i'll be done in 15 min so what that heck... and then every 15 min adds another 15 more and so for hahaha.
I had to shave some bumpy spots in the frame as well to make them a little flatter for the mounts to fit nicely, not difficult but i'd have enjoyed it more if i was wearing proper clothing. Oh well next time out.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I can tell you it's a ****** to line them fackers up to drill the holes, mostly because of the clearance between the frame and the rocker panel, i didn't have a drill small enough to fit in there so Lowes came to the rescue one more time. Bought one of those combo drill packages in this case from Bosch drill and impact drill cordless, and Revit told me he did drill the holes at 5/16 then tap to 3/8.
I made 24 pilot holes, then drill to 5/16, then did the tap to 3/8, fun 40F day while laying on my back without a big jacket but that's on me :) i know it doesn't sound chill enough since you guys are freezing right now but i was just trying to finish quickly and you know the story... i'll be done in 15 min so what that heck... and then every 15 min adds another 15 more and so for hahaha.
I had to shave some bumpy spots in the frame as well to make them a little flatter for the mounts to fit nicely, not difficult but i'd have enjoyed it more if i was wearing proper clothing. Oh well next time out.
Honestly that's what deters me from making a set. Add to that I have the DEF tank and extra harness for that and I'm just not that interested in it. I know the randy Ellis designs aren't technically the strongest, but for my needs they'll add the protection I'm looking for. I only need to make it another year or 2 before I'll have a dedicated rig and this will be my tow rig, but until than I'll need this to handle some adventure. I was looking at the nfabs but I don't think they'd survive even one whoops. So for a few hundo extra I'll just try the randy Ellis ones. I know not to try and run a jeep trail in this thing, not that it can't, but I don't want that much body damage

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Opening day is April 6th! So right now I'm casting dreams.

We have trout all year long in certain areas [emoji12]. However, fishing equipment stops working around -30 c ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess all of us have much different ideas and opinions even it comes to ride quality but the BFG KO/2’s I had in the stock 20-inch rim size were only even an 8/ply, and they rode way too rough for my liking. Rode so damn bad I ended up cutting my losses on them less than a year after I bought them and sold them after buying a set of Michelin Defenders to replace them. I can only imagine what those that Dice is running being nearly a 35. Those are probably a 10/ply. And yes, I have the air suspension also.

As far as whether or not those leveling rod extenders will ever give you fits, I can’t say that. And as far as whether or not you’ll like the ride from a 35 inch tall tire, I can’t say that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No worries corneileous. I'm not holding you to your word. Just looking for opinions. :cheers:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got about 12k running the leveling links. No issues at all. I'm running 285/65R20. They're just shy of 34". I wanted the height, but not the width.
I run BFG KO/2s. I think they ride great, and I drive around 30k a year.
I've been eyeballing those BFG KO/2s, the GY Duratrac, or the Nitto Ridge Grappler