What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Installed a backup camera and got a good wash. Need the weather to cooperate for a full detail.

d9189a4162cf522e6822b4c24f3004c3.jpg

4eb75fe759796229f725bf4b464c311d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Are you going to put some padding and carpet on the mdf?

Yup, dogs have it better than I do haha. Both pieces together measure 60x39. These foam beds measure 40x30. so a perfect fit.
View media item 27364
Still have about 4-5" under the boards for some quick access storage. Can kinda see it under the moving blanket.
View media item 27360

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, dogs have it better than I do haha. Both pieces together measure 60x39. These foam beds measure 40x30. so a perfect fit.
View media item 27364
Still have about 4-5" under the boards for some quick access storage. Can kinda see it under the moving blanket.
View media item 27360

I did something like that for my two Weimaraner’s.

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed a backup camera and got a good wash. Need the weather to cooperate for a full detail.

d9189a4162cf522e6822b4c24f3004c3.jpg

4eb75fe759796229f725bf4b464c311d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really liking those wheels and tires. Got more pics and info , details ????

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like another recent poster, I finally added mudflaps...pics to come when I clean the Reb! BTW, flaps were Rally Armor Basic Plus Universals. Just used the factory flare mounting points and added a third screw a little higher up (three points of contact, ya know!).

TXCOMT

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Installed BumperShellz to my rear bumper... Not too happy with the outcome, partly due to the weather. They say the 3M tape works best above 70*, well it was exactly 70* when I put it on. It also says not to get wet for 24 hours after install, well I drove home in the rain. None of my tape stuck. Every panel is loose... The thing im most upset about are the holes are not exactly lined up for the parking sensors, and its not a true color match even though the paint codes match. PW7 is supposed to be Bright White, but my bumper is noticeably 'Whiter' than my truck.

This weekend im going to pull every panel back off and Silicone the **** out of it and re-install. I didnt take any pictures yet because its been pouring rain all weekend.

For $250 im not too excited with what I received, not because of the tape but because of the color mis-match and the misaligned parking sensor holes.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Installed BumperShellz to my rear bumper... Not too happy with the outcome, partly due to the weather. They say the 3M tape works best above 70*, well it was exactly 70* when I put it on. It also says not to get wet for 24 hours after install, well I drove home in the rain. None of my tape stuck. Every panel is loose... The thing im most upset about are the holes are not exactly lined up for the parking sensors, and its not a true color match even though the paint codes match. PW7 is supposed to be Bright White, but my bumper is noticeably 'Whiter' than my truck.

This weekend im going to pull every panel back off and Silicone the **** out of it and re-install. I didnt take any pictures yet because its been pouring rain all weekend.

For $250 im not too excited with what I received.

What year is your truck? Paint fade can play apart in the color not matching

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
What year is your truck? Paint fade can play apart in the color not matching

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

2017. Hopefully after the Bumpershellz get weathered a little bit the colors will come together.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

For $250 im not too excited with what I received, not because of the tape but because of the color mis-match and the misaligned parking sensor holes.

Man!!.....sorry to hear that......probably could of had it wraped for $250.00

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Man!!.....sorry to hear that......probably could of had it wraped for $250.00

Yeah, I know the tape not sticking is my fault, but the holes not lining up and the paint not matching is NOT my fault. It just looks super cheesy on my bumper.... In the end, I got exactly what I paid for... A bumper 'cover'. :rolleyes: :33:

Ill take pictures of everything once the weather is better and I reinstall with Silicone.

Last edited:

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
tinted my windows to 18%, ordered Power Stop Z36 kit for front and back brakes as well as Pro Comp upper control arms, changed the oil to Royal Purple 5W20, installed the Vararam Air Grabber, and changed the spark plugs to E3 spark plugs. Debating on ordering a Road Armor, Warn, or Iron Cross front bumper so that I can eventually add a 12,000lb winch as well as protect my front end from the other geniuses on the road. lol

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Even in this video the parking sensor holes didnt line up to my standards.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View media item 27364
View media item 27360

Another member posted not long ago that he bought a dog bed at Sam's and put it on the fold flat floor and it fit perfectly. I was going to check one out next time I go to Sams. I like your solution also.
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
tinted my windows to 18%, ordered Power Stop Z36 kit for front and back brakes as well as Pro Comp upper control arms, changed the oil to Royal Purple 5W20, installed the Vararam Air Grabber, and changed the spark plugs to E3 spark plugs. Debating on ordering a Road Armor, Warn, or Iron Cross front bumper so that I can eventually add a 12,000lb winch as well as protect my front end from the other geniuses on the road. lol

You were busy!! Let us know how those spark plugs work out. Most people that don't use the standard cooper plugs don't have very good luck when they change to something else.
Jay

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You were busy!! Let us know how those spark plugs work out. Most people that don't use the standard cooper plugs don't have very good luck when they change to something else.
Jay

I'm always busy with it since it's like therapy to me to work on and upgrade my truck. Especially when it gets more power out of it! lol. So far so good with the E3s. It starts right up and the gas mileage went up a teeny, tiny hair, but not enough to talk about to be honest. I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I'll keep everyone posted if I start getting a rough idle or power loss. Worse comes to worse, at least they should last longer than stock copper/nickel plugs.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think yours are recommended to be changed every 30k
Jay

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I know the tape not sticking is my fault, but the holes not lining up and the paint not matching is NOT my fault. It just looks super cheesy on my bumper.... In the end, I got exactly what I paid for... A bumper 'cover'. :rolleyes: :33:

Ill take pictures of everything once the weather is better and I reinstall with Silicone.

Think about using fast set window urethane and scuff the contact area of plastic " cover " for best adhesion.

When ever using dbl sided tape . The 3M adhesion promoter should be used for optimal performance. It's like putting down super glue for the tape to stick to.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Think about using fast set window urethane and scuff the contact area of plastic " cover " for best adhesion.

When ever using dbl sided tape . The 3M adhesion promoter should be used for optimal performance. It's like putting down super glue for the tape to stick to.

The tape was so weak ive already pulled the rear cover off since my first post. Im going to try sticking it again this coming weekend with Silicone... With the Silicone I can actually maneuver the cover where I want it before it sticks, and it provides a better barrier between my bumper and the cover so dirt and water cant get between them, especially in areas behind my tires.