What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Very cool!

I got a hookup on a set of heated front seats for my conversion from one of the guys that was involved in actually proving that we could add on such things to pretty basic trucks. Turns out Im only a 20 minute drive from where he lives :)

I removed the cloth on mine and installed a custom Katzkin leather set....still havent had the time to put the front seats in yet, but the rear seats already are.

I just saw a heated leather wheel for sale on a local Facebook group but Im not sure how good the condition was. They are fairly easy to find on Ebay, just make sure you get lots of pics because black leather can look good from afar but not up close.

Clock spring - I personally do not trust anything other than brand new. Too much of a PITA to replace if it dies, and the fact its near/involved in airbags makes me want to have 100% faith in it.

Buttons - you dont actually HAVE to have them if you have certain head units (8.4, I think), since the head unit will have soft buttons for the seats. Not saying you SHOULDN'T buy the buttons, but you could do the conversion while holding off until you find a good deal on the buttons

I agree with you the clock spring should be a new one. Also the steering wheel will be new as I am too picky with what I have to hold and look at while I drive. The dash switches and the 110v plug can be used. I am going to try and get them from the same truck when I pick up the seats.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Removed the grill assembly and uninstalled all the grill shutters but the top one and the bottom one. Reassembled. Very easy, so now cooler temps and more air ALL of the time for the Vararam.
Gave her a bath and wipe down with special attention to cleaning the tires and rims inside and out. All shiny now.
Reorganized my garage while I was at it and I still have another week before I can return to work. Running out of projects to do...

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Removed the grill assembly and uninstalled all the grill shutters but the top one and the bottom one. Reassembled. Very easy, so now cooler temps and more air ALL of the time for the Vararam.
Gave her a bath and wipe down with special attention to cleaning the tires and rims inside and out. All shiny now.
Reorganized my garage while I was at it and I still have another week before I can return to work. Running out of projects to do...

You've done a lot already, take a break man!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with you the clock spring should be a new one. Also the steering wheel will be new as I am too picky with what I have to hold and look at while I drive. The dash switches and the 110v plug can be used. I am going to try and get them from the same truck when I pick up the seats.
Another mod that was a pleasant surprise was adding the Laramie/limited mirrors. White truck with chrome mirrors looks surprisingly nice IMHO, and the auto tilt in reverse function is prey useful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Another mod that was a pleasant surprise was adding the Laramie/limited mirrors. White truck with chrome mirrors looks surprisingly nice IMHO, and the auto tilt in reverse function is prey useful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I will be getting the auto tilt in reverse on mine the next time we work with the AlfaOBD.

Ramsolid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8 gasser
88CAE93A-DD2F-495C-9A9A-DBB497079BED.jpeg Took my flares off to wash underneath them and realized the rubber trim absolutely sucks , it’s leaving deep scratches , anyone else having this issue ?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
View attachment 166294 Took my flares off to wash underneath them and realized the rubber trim absolutely sucks , it’s leaving deep scratches , anyone else having this issue ?
Bushwacker style flares I can only assume. If so this damage is 100% common. Google it and you'll have days of reading. Vinyl tape seems to be the best option.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a recent thread talking about this and why it is a good practice to use PPF before installing flares.
Jay

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pulled both front tires. Started on passenger side. Trying to diagnose a grinding noise with slight vibration. Only hear it and feel it when going above 25mph or so, and especially when turning left (not so much slow 90degree turns, but left sweeping turns on any given road while up to speed). Rocked the tire while it was jacked up, solid, didn’t notice any wobble. Ball joints looked good, tie rod ends looked good. Rotors looked perfect (just changed those and pads about 3k miles ago). Spun the tire, and didn’t hear anything.
Since I was in there, added more Lube to the pad ends, etc.
Double checked drivers side. All is well on that side also. Again, lubed up the pads since I was in there.
I also pulled the drivers side wheel liner since I had the tire off. I have had some tapping noise, sounded like plastic on metal, or a wire/cable on metal, mostly when driving at high speed like the wind resistance tapping on something. Once the liner was pulled I found some “loose” cables. Factory secured still but had some movement to them. Re-secured them differently. That noise seems to have been cured.

Still can’t say for sure the grinding noise is a wheel bearing or not. [emoji2369]

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Pulled both front tires. Started on passenger side. Trying to diagnose a grinding noise with slight vibration. Only hear it and feel it when going above 25mph or so, and especially when turning left (not so much slow 90degree turns, but left sweeping turns on any given road while up to speed). Rocked the tire while it was jacked up, solid, didn’t notice any wobble. Ball joints looked good, tie rod ends looked good. Rotors looked perfect (just changed those and pads about 3k miles ago). Spun the tire, and didn’t hear anything.
Double checked drivers side. All is well on that side also. Again, lubed up the pads since I was in there.
I also pulled the drivers side wheel liner since I had the tire off. I have had some tapping noise, sounded like plastic on metal, or a wire/cable on metal, mostly when driving at high speed like the wind resistance tapping on something. Once the liner was pulled I found some “loose” cables. Factory secured still but had some movement to them. Re-secured them differently. That noise seems to have been cured.

Still can’t say for sure the grinding noise is a wheel bearing or not. [emoji2369]
Jack one tire up at a time and spin it. You’ll know real quick.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm... will try one at a time. Maybe tomorrow. Will see how the day goes

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
View media item 27604Halfway through install of the Curt rails for the Reese 16k slider. What a royal PITA!!! I only got the front set up on. Have the hitch on the front rails and on the rear to line up for the hole drilling. My arms are too short to work under the bed.View media item 27603View media item 27604

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If it's worse when turning left, should be the passenger. Same happened to my old Ram. Does it go away when you turn right? If so, I'd say wheel bearing for sure. Mine only vibrated and made a grinding noise over 20 mph

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's worse when turning left, should be the passenger. Same happened to my old Ram. Does it go away when you turn right? If so, I'd say wheel bearing for sure. Mine only vibrated and made a grinding noise over 20 mph

Yup... all of that.
Just weird I couldn’t find evidence when Tire was jacked up or off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963